Stage 2 tuning for 102PS TDi

DaveR1

Hi everyone, I'm looking to have a stage 2 remap on my 2l tdi t6, but I've been told I'll need to upgrade/add some engine parts.
Has anyone done this before, and if so can you recommend the parts I'll need to change/add please?
Many Thanks
Dave

Hi everyone, I'm looking to have a stage 2 remap on my 2l tdi t6, but I've been told I'll need to upgrade/add some engine parts.
Has anyone done this before, and if so can you recommend the parts I'll need to change/add please?
Many Thanks
Dave
I've not read about any on here doing stage 2. But knowing concerns about the 102 turbos I would imagine that would be one thing to consider replacing.

I've not read about any on here doing stage 2. But knowing concerns about the 102 turbos I would imagine that would be one thing to consider replacing.
That was one of the parts suggested.
Along with an induction kit, Front mounted intercooler, uprated fuel rail and a straight through exhaust system. PHEW!
Any recommendations for a place in Norfolk that I could speak too?

Kind of weighing that one up at the minute.
Was just asking the question really, as I'm not sure what sort of cost I'm looking at to do what i need too, to the van.
I've got a mechanic who'll fit all the parts very reasonably, just wondered if anyone knew what I needed and where to get it from?

I've already had a stage 1, currently running at 159bhp.
I have been told I can do a stage 2, but need to change a few parts in order for it to be safe and effective.
Am I missing something here?

I’m not aware of anyone going above the 160 ish bhp that you have, on a 102 bhp van.
You could speak to one the serious VW tuners like Revo or Pendle for their advice.

Pete

Kind of weighing that one up at the minute.
Was just asking the question really, as I'm not sure what sort of cost I'm looking at to do what i need too, to the van.
I've got a mechanic who'll fit all the parts very reasonably, just wondered if anyone knew what I needed and where to get it from?
No doubt the insurance will be more expensive with a mapped engine.

I’m not aware of anyone going above the 160 ish bhp that you have, on a 102 bhp van.
You could speak to one the serious VW tuners like Revo or Pendle for their advice.

Pete
I'm not a mechanic or anything, but isn't the engine block the same as the 150's which can be tuned up to 195?
Does it have different internal components to the 102bhp engines?

From a re-sale point of view you may find it hard to shift after such severe modification.

Presuming manual gearbox I would have thought the 5sp box will be the weak point?

Van upgrade sounds like a more sensible choice.

Presuming manual gearbox I would have thought the 5sp box will be the weak point?

Where is the fun in that :)

What kind of BHP would a Stage 2 upgrade give out?

It is 5spd manual.
Didn't know if a new clutch upgrade would assist with the extra gearbox load?

Sounds like you need a second vehicle to get your thrills in or on, save the van for stance, leave the racing vans to DPD etc.

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
Back