Squeaky windscreen wipers

hatjoepeg

T6 Pro
So it rained today for the first time since we took delivery…
the wipers are so squeaky against the glass, any ideas for a quick fix?

You could clay-bar your windscreen to remove all the small bits of crud that washing doesn’t shift. That quietened mine down (after I’d fitted new blades).

Oh and welcome to the forum!

I sometimes use methylated spirit on a cloth to clean the screen which helps. Could be worn blades though.

It could be from what was used to clean them. I use Autoglym glass cleaner and dont have a problem with noisy blades...so annoying!

Yes go for new blades. £20 well spent. The rear on my van was noisy we wouldn’t use it, a new blade made it completely silent.

So it rained today for the first time since we took delivery…
the wipers are so squeaky against the glass, any ideas for a quick fix?
Hi @hatjoepeg ...9x out of 10...its the window glass that’s the issue...We all forget that car shampoos contain waxes and other additives that help to clean and shine your van ....but you put the same coating on the front glass and it can cause judder...squeaks...and smears....awful on dark nights with on coming traffic....Clean it with a good glass cleaner/ polish and I find good old Rain X or similar work really well...Change wipers once a year (as rubber degrades) and clean blade with White vineger...

ps ...don't park under Lime trees....tree sap is not good on paint work :)

Thanks one and all.
It will get a clean tonight and get some replacement blades on order.
Probably one of the cheapest 'mods' to date!

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
Hi @hatjoepeg ...9x out of 10...its the window glass that’s the issue...We all forget that car shampoos contain waxes and other additives that help to clean and shine your van ....but you put the same coating on the front glass and it can cause judder...squeaks...and smears....awful on dark nights with on coming traffic....Clean it with a good glass cleaner/ polish and I find good old Rain X or similar work really well...Change wipers once a year (as rubber degrades) and clean blade with White vineger...

ps ...don't park under Lime trees....tree sap is not good on paint work :)
I regularly clean my blades with an alcohol lens wipe that you would use on glasses. Have some in the glove box for those rainy days so when it starts juddering and a quick wipe usually stops it

I've recently rediscovered rainex coating .
Brilliant stuff , water beads off , barely need the wipers at speed .

I'm not much on car cleaning in general (every couple of months if they're very lucky!) and rarely clean the windscreen with anything other than the wipers and screen wash . I haven't used anything but Bosch Aerotwin on any car for a lot of years now and can't remember ever having any squeaks or the noises from them. I change them every 12 months whether they are still working OK or not.

Back