Squeaky rib swivel base driving me nuts.

DCC

Does anyone have a fix for squeaky rib offset swivel base? Only really squeaks with the weight of a passenger in it, drivers side also squeaks a little but nothing as bad as the passenger side.

Is it loose ?
Mine has had similar, stripped and rebuilt and all ok since.
If not, check where the plastic hits the base - recently mine has been making a racket but not loose or anything, worked out it was the trim on metal and an offcut of carpet between cured that.

Is it loose ?
Mine has had similar, stripped and rebuilt and all ok since.
If not, check where the plastic hits the base - recently mine has been making a racket but not loose or anything, worked out it was the trim on metal and an offcut of carpet between cured that.
Will take it out today and go through it

Grease your nuts?!!
I do this daily, never helped with squeaks mind

Little update for anyone else who maybe experiencing similar issues.
The 3 sets of cone shaped locating stops where causing a lot of the noise so greased them and stopped he majority of the squeaks. I also removed the swivel from the vw base and stuck some fabric pads in between the base and swivel and now have a totally silent pair of swivel bases.

@DCC I have just fitted these and getting this issue.
What grease did you use on the pegs and what kind of fabric did you use between the seat swivel and the base?

@DCC I have just fitted these and getting this issue.
What grease did you use on the pegs and what kind of fabric did you use between the seat swivel and the base?
I used white lightning bicycle grease but any grease would do.
Sticky back fabric pads in between the base and swivel like you would find stuck on the bottom of lamps etc

Back