Spot the difference and Autodoc Shocking service

Andnik

Bamboo Green Cruising Machine
VIP Member
T6 Pro
So Lets say I am having a horrible time dealing with Autodoc customer (lack of) care.

Can any of you spot the difference between the two shocks in the picture.....the new one is the correct part number as autodoc has reminded me of many times this week.

Lets see where this thread goes as I will keep it updated as this issue progresses.....but be assured of one thing..............use Autodoc for parts by all means...................... but pray you never have a problem..........

Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 17.14.24.png

If you bought it over the phone or internet you have a 14 day cooling off period, return it and get a refund.

If you bought it over the phone or internet you have a 14 day cooling off period, return it and get a refund.
I wish it was that easy!!!! the pun in the title was intentional! the part number is correct however.....and it is the Shock that I wanted.

Anyone see the problem?

this is a spot the difference competition after all. It has to be difficult as Autodoc cannot see the problem.......and they have had this photo for three days now.

Looks second hand too - looks like its been fitted and one of the cable attachments bent!
Which is why Autodoc should not have sent it out in the first place as I am sure the previous person had the same problem as me.
They did not inform me it had been previously fitted to a vehicle.....another minus point for Autodoc.

The spring base plate goes to the opposite side of the one that came off the vehicle

Other side was fine and is already fitted.....thankfully the Left side was the side where the original Monroe failed and lost all its oil. I am only fitting this on the right so it is equal as don't want Monroe on one side and Bilstein on the other.

Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 21.06.27.png

The spring base plate goes to the opposite side of the one that came off the vehicle

Top marks to DarranJ !!!!!!!!

Yes Bilstein have welded the spring plate on 180 degrees out...... the part number is correct so as far as Autodoc is concerned they say its my mistake.......Idiots still messing around 3 days later even after Bilstein Germany's technical department have got involved.

Here is their email today the same as yesterdays......even with Bilstein's involvement they are skirting the problem and implying its my fault......

Top marks to Bilstein that have the contact number on their website and had me talking in English to someone in their technical department within a minute of taking the call (hello Jan if you see this). unfortunately they are legally not approved to assist me directly and I am forced to deal with these slippery people at Autodoc.

Dear Nik
thank you for your e-mail!

We kindly inform you that according to the provided photos our technical team states that the spare part 23-254701BILSTEIN was received correctly.

To confirm the compatibility of the part with your car, we need the below data:

1. VIN-code
2. Make and model
3. Year of manufacture
4. Transmission
5. Fuel type (petrol/diesel)
6. Power
7. Engine capacity

If you state that the part was used previosly, or it has some kind of defect, please provide us with more photographs of it from different sides (especially the fitting points).

Unfortunately, without this information we will not be able to proceed the case.

Looking forward to your soonest reply and if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us!

Last edited:
Like I said earlier, if you bought online or phone send it back for a full refund, 14 day cooling off period.

Lets see if this thread helps them smell the coffee!!!!

The power of social media......

More importantly the power of T6Forum :mexican wave:

help.jpg

Like I said earlier, if you bought online or phone send it back for a full refund, 14 day cooling off period.
Unfortunately I am not in the UK or even Europe...to send it back has costs / customs issues...........more importantly I do not want a refund I want a shock absorber that is not defective and matches the other side.

More than one week has passed and Autodoc have done what to rectify the problem?

Nothing.......not a single thing even with Bilsteins assistance.....it is true that they do not care about customer service....all I can say is Avoid these people at all costs......check the negative reviews on the review sites and as they have so many different web names there must be hundreds of dissatisfied customers.
They Trade under many different names other than autodoc as well to add to the confusion. (recambioscoches and more depending on the country.)

I am truly saddened when confronted with service like this.

Next stop is german consumer protection.

Back