Sportsline Front Splitter Clearance

Ro63rt

Those with VW Front Sportline Front Splitter have you had any issues with catching them &/or pulling them off? Also what are they like for stone chips? The photos I’ve seen of them don’t look much lower. I know it’ll depend how much the van is lowered by. I’m only going to lower it the standard 30mm with 18” Sportsline Alloys.
I live in up in the Lakes so the roads aren’t great & it may end up on rough tracks, fields etc. Are there any others out there that are good? I’ve seen a couple but the more I see of the VWs own the more it grows on me & my OCD gets the better of me wanting VWs.

Mine is the Sportline and I'm running 19's with a 30mm drop, and i've never had any bottoming out yet.
I actually took mine on a field a few weeks ago when I went to watch my mates flying their daft paramotor things. The entrance to the field was quite a drop, and I was nervous it would catch my splitter, but it was fine.
In fact the only thing that catches on my T6 is the front mud flaps when I go over those daft speed humps that they normally use in car parks, or in my case, my kids school entrance.
As for stone chips, yeah they do get caught out, but no more than another splitter.

If you look at mine, they don't sit as low as you'd presume.

slitter .jpg

You might want to ask @Olly hall though. He ripped off his lower silver lip, but I think he normally blames his wife, and as far as I know, she drives like a redneck on a first 4x4 outing.

Is it worth the risk fitting one if you know already you run the risk of ripping it off going through fields and farm tracks ?

Is it worth the risk fitting one if you know already you run the risk of ripping it off going through fields and farm tracks ?

If I go down the new T6 route again in the future, i'm thinking of styling the total opposite to my current van, and having the 4motion with the suspension lifted. Sticking a set of monster General Grabbers on some military style rims, sump guard, full arches, big LED bars, and a winch. Then using it off road just because it can.

Good idea @Tourershine , some great looking swampers around and at least you wont be limited to its use, or the embarrassment of your bits dropping off a soon as you nervously drive over a speed bump :thumbsup:

The splitter isn't lower than the bumper. It just points outwards more and squared off which is where you might catch it.

The splitter isn't lower than the bumper. It just points outwards more and squared off which is where you might catch it.

My Sportline splitter sits about 3" lower than the actual standard bumper because i can see the bumper from underneith, unless it's not fitted properly.

I've seen the sportlines front spoiler in the flesh and it looks good, it's the amount that you lower your van that turns it into a snowplough.

Thanks all, I’ll Maybe try & have a look at a few dealers.

If you get stuck, (excuse the pun) let me know and I will measure the height of mine from the actual ground, and let you know what it's running on wheel, tyre and suspension wise.

The very front will be lower but at the back of the front bumper near the wheel arch is the same height as bumper. So it's just more squared off at the front.

Mine is the Sportline and I'm running 19's with a 30mm drop, and i've never had any bottoming out yet.
I actually took mine on a field a few weeks ago when I went to watch my mates flying their daft paramotor things. The entrance to the field was quite a drop, and I was nervous it would catch my splitter, but it was fine.
In fact the only thing that catches on my T6 is the front mud flaps when I go over those daft speed humps that they normally use in car parks, or in my case, my kids school entrance.
As for stone chips, yeah they do get caught out, but no more than another splitter.

If you look at mine, they don't sit as low as you'd presume.

View attachment 16204

You might want to ask @Olly hall though. He ripped off his lower silver lip, but I think he normally blames his wife, and as far as I know, she drives like a redneck on a first 4x4 outing.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Van.jpg
Those with VW Front Sportline Front Splitter have you had any issues with catching them &/or pulling them off? Also what are they like for stone chips? The photos I’ve seen of them don’t look much lower. I know it’ll depend how much the van is lowered by. I’m only going to lower it the standard 30mm with 18” Sportsline Alloys.
I live in up in the Lakes so the roads aren’t great & it may end up on rough tracks, fields etc. Are there any others out there that are good? I’ve seen a couple but the more I see of the VWs own the more it grows on me & my OCD gets the better of me wanting VWs.

That is a Swiss Vans splitter. That van lives in the lakes. No real issues other than I am careful on railway crossings as the entry and exists can be quite steep

Back