Sportline wheels and vw 30mm lowering springs

spannerboy 1

Hi Has anyone got a photo of a T6 with sportline wheels and lowered by 30mm from Vw. The reason im asking is to gauge what they will look like on my van as im bored with the std

Have a look at any OEM sportline brochures or picks..

They come with the sportline 18" rims and 30mm drop eibach as standard.

I've got that setup.... but i run heavy so it looks lower than standard.

forgot to ask what size tyres you got on and how you find the ride?
Hi.... same as @Ads_Essex said...but tyres are Goodyear F1 255 45 18 however the springs alone are an improvement and stop a lot of roll......sorry it now gets more expensive but you’re a T6 owner so you’ll understand ;).....I’ve recently changed the suspension and now is so much more comfortable to drive

80E2DD95-BD6F-4851-B326-B85251E8D5AD.jpeg

Cheers for that. This may sound like a daft Q but even though im reducing overall height of van by 30mm, does the sportline wheels/tyres increase the height? I have tiny bit of leeway on height in my garage and just squeezes in with std setup. Again thanks for the info guys

20200306_114702.jpeg

Cheers for that. This may sound like a daft Q but even though im reducing overall height of van by 30mm, does the sportline wheels/tyres increase the height? I have tiny bit of leeway on height in my garage and just squeezes in with std setup. Again thanks for the info guys

View attachment 74471
No - if you keep within or close to specs, a 16” wheel with a comfort/eco tyre will have the same radius as a 20” wheel with a low-profile tyre. So the height (and arch spacing) will stay the same.
The website WillTheyFit.com is useful for ensuring this.

So by you installing 30mm springs and Sportline wheels, you’ll still achieve a 30mm drop.

No - if you keep within or close to specs, a 16” wheel with a comfort/eco tyre will have the same radius as a 20” wheel with a low-profile tyre. So the height (and arch spacing) will stay the same.
The website WillTheyFit.com is useful for ensuring this.

So by you installing 30mm springs and Sportline wheels, you’ll still achieve a 30mm drop.
You’ve got davenport wheel (17”). As was mine but once you change to sportline this is how they compare

63C7FB0B-F129-458E-893D-954FA9FBF565.png

@VanDamMan are they the Komi dampers? Big Improvement in comfort?
Yes big improvement....but as mine is a T32 it has the bigger anti roll bar as standard which helps with body roll ...so if you had any thing other , you might want to consider an upgrade on the ARB but the Koni’s are great ..I had mine done by @CRS Performance who also give very good advice :)

I've had the 30mm sportlines on mentioned above (mine's a T6 Ocean too) from delivery (4 years), but I've found the ride crashy and have just swapped back to the original springs as a comparison (I never drove it on the original springs as the dealer fit the -30mm sportlines from delivery. Its now much more comfy but does roll a little even with the standard ARB fitted. Wondering whether to fit the Konis from CRS and H&R ARBs as I do like the extra ground clearance, or to drop it again with perhaps the H&R -40mm springs to improve the handling and also try to have some comfort. Dilemmas...

I've had the 30mm sportlines on mentioned above (mine's a T6 Ocean too) from delivery (4 years), but I've found the ride crashy and have just swapped back to the original springs as a comparison (I never drove it on the original springs as the dealer fit the -30mm sportlines from delivery. Its now much more comfy but does roll a little even with the standard ARB fitted. Wondering whether to fit the Konis from CRS and H&R ARBs as I do like the extra ground clearance, or to drop it again with perhaps the H&R -40mm springs to improve the handling and also try to have some comfort. Dilemmas...
Why not give @CRS Performance ( via forum or direct line ) and see if they can help.....or ask @Loz for opinion regarding camper’s
what I have picked up is that a standard camper will roll on standard springs but again on my kombi the 30mm stiffened the vehicle roll and my Koni’s levelled out the road and gave a comfort drive :)

There is no doubt we can sort all the problems for you , It doesn't matter if you fit the 30 mm springs or leave it with the standard springs . I would recommend doing the shocks before the A R B as the issues with roll are well addressed by the shocks . also the dive under braking ( pitch ) is also improved , the ARB cant help this .
Dilemma over !!

There is no doubt we can sort all the problems for you , It doesn't matter if you fit the 30 mm springs or leave it with the standard springs . I would recommend doing the shocks before the A R B as the issues with roll are well addressed by the shocks . also the dive under braking ( pitch ) is also improved , the ARB cant help this .
Dilemma over !!
I’m going to go for the Konis and see how that improves things. Will just need to get it booked in now.

Back