For Sale Sportline LED Sidebars

Got mine powder coated Satin Black.
Can’t wait to get them on...
I like snow, but not when I’m desperate to get these on!!

View attachment 36217

@LambethBoy how easy was it to remove electrics for powder coating? Did you pop lights out ?

This is what I want to do with mine, however I’ve just had floor up / dash out / headline out... might need to snip cables outside and joint after.

@LambethBoy how easy was it to remove electrics for powder coating? Did you pop lights out ?

This is what I want to do with mine, however I’ve just had floor up / dash out / headline out... might need to snip cables outside and joint after.

You have to pop lights out and pull cables back through. If you’re looking for where they’re connected they come up through the floor under the seats one for each side.

I found where they end up behind the console in the headliner, but didn’t realise at time what they were. Is there a connection under seat or a continuous cable to overhead lights?

cheers for reply.

For reference if anyone has same question.

LEDs can be removed and threaded out without breaking into floor inside. Allows side bars to be detached (for powder coating)

I know this is an old thread but I’ve been slow at actually fitting my bars... which means I’ve lost my instructions sheet. Anyway I’m doing a push for revamping the van for the summer. Does anybody still have their instruction manual/sheet for these bars?

For reference if anyone has same question.

LEDs can be removed and threaded out without breaking into floor inside. Allows side bars to be detached (for powder coating)
This is exactly what I was trying to work out yesterday- thank you

I know this is an old thread but I’ve been slow at actually fitting my bars... which means I’ve lost my instructions sheet. Anyway I’m doing a push for revamping the van for the summer. Does anybody still have their instruction manual/sheet for these bars?
try @Pauly

I have a new set still in the box, i’ll dig them out and hopefully the instructions will be in there.

No, just pop out. Take the sidebars off, disconnect the loom (connectors) and use a small trim tool / spike to pop them out, and pull complete lot out of the sidebars…

Reverse to refit, think I used a stiff piece of wire to pull them back through

Reactions: MrT
No, just pop out. Take the sidebars off, disconnect the loom (connectors) and use a small trim tool / spike to pop them out, and pull complete lot out of the sidebars…

Reverse to refit, think I used a stiff piece of wire to pull them back through
Thank you great help :thumbsup:

Where do you have to wire these back too?? Can a complete novice do it or is it a “leave it to the experts” job??

In my case they were factory fitted.

They are wired into the convenience interior light, wouldn’t be too difficult to add.

Hi fellas,
I don’t suppose anyone knows where I can get my hands on a replacement led fitting for these? Vw are saying the led sealed units don’t have a part number, so it’s a case of buying new bars thanks in advance

Back