Sportline front splitter and parking sensor problem [Merge]

Gordon1702

Gas fitter
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I’ve got a t6 with the sportline front bumper fitted from new, since I bought it when I put it in reverse the front 2 middle sensors Go off. I think it must be picking up the bumper, anyone else had this or know how to resolve it?
Thanks

I’ve got a t6 with the sportline front bumper fitted from new, since I bought it when I put it in reverse the front 2 middle sensors Go off. I think it must be picking up the bumper, anyone else had this or know how to resolve it?
Thanks

‘Hi Gordon, I had a similar issue and found I had some fluff wedged in between the sensor and bumper. Cleared it out and recleaned the sensor, all back to normal.

I had the exact same issue, it turns out the sensors were not clipped in properly, once I got under the van and pushed them back in, the sensor poked out about 5mm more which cleared the the bumper.

I had the exact same issue, it turns out the sensors were not clipped in properly, once I got under the van and pushed them back in, the sensor poked out about 5mm more which cleared the the bumper.

Cheers I’m planning getting it on the ramp and having a look at them properly, kinda pointless the way they are as they beep constantly.

Thanks

I have a sportline front spoiler on the van and have started to get an issue with the front parking sensors. They are intermittently going off. It is usually after the van has been sat in the sun for a long time. I had to pop out to post a parcel today for example. Reversing off the drive I could see (and hear) the two Front centre sensors going off. 10 mins later and I return home, no problem with them.
I’m thinking the bumper or spoiler is moving slightly as it heats up and causing the sensors to see the spoiler. After a short drive and a bit of air flow, it cools down and all is back to normal.
So to my questions:
  • Has anyone else experienced this or similar and if so how did you fix it?
  • I didn’t fit the spoiler so don’t know where all the fixings are to be able to adjust it. Can anyone help me with how it attaches to the bumper please?

Cheers I’m planning getting it on the ramp and having a look at them properly, kinda pointless the way they are as they beep constantly.

Thanks
Did you manage to resolve this please. I’m now having the same issue on one of the middle sensors and wondering if I can learn from what you did. Mine is intermittent and only one of them. It always shows up not in the red zone but the next one out

Did you solve this? I'm having a similar problem!
I took my bumper off on Sunday to have a closer look at this problem on mine. I swapped two sensors round to see if the problem moved. It didn’t so it isn’t a faulty sensor. I think I have worked out how to fix it but I’ve not done it as yet......

I activated the front sensors and whilst I could hear the beeper going off, I stood right in the centre of the Front bumper with both legs against the number plate. In this position the sensors could not ’see’ me. I then applied gentle pressure against the front without moving position and hey presto the noise stopped. I was basically pushing the spoiler closer to the original bumper proving the issue is the sensors ‘seeing’ the spoiler.

There’s no adjustment anywhere and I checked the two bolts below the number plate were fully tight. However pressing against the outer edge of the number plate does move the spoiler a little closer to the bumper, enough to solve the issue. So what I plan to do is to replace the two self tappers holding the number plate on with self tappers sufficiently long to go right through to the bumper and pull it a little closer to the spoiler. Not elegant but hopefully will sort the problem. The other option I thought about was to put some kind of spacer behind the spoiler between the two centre fixing bolts with the idea that it might encourage the spoiler to curve a fraction from the centre point, thus bringing the sensors closer in. Decided against it as i didn’t want to take the bumper off again and I’m not entirely convinced it will work.

EDIT
I replaced the two self tappers as planned today. It looks to have pulled the spoiler a little closer in to the bumper so I’ll monitor the situation and report back one way or the other.

Last edited:
Hi everybody,

Just fitted my front sportline spoiler and the 2 middle sensors are going off.

When i reverse the 2 sensors at the front are beep and showing red.

Has anyone come across this and did you rectify it?

Thanks

got some pics?
is it an OEM spoiler with the two middle sensor cutouts?

if its like this 3rd party one . . . . . the sensor holes need cutting out?

1604781780566.png

it should be like this with the holes for the sensors to look through . . .

1604781860907.png

Hi, yeah the holes are cut out on the sportline spoiler and you can see the sensors, but they are picking up something mainly when i reverse for some reason.

got a close up pic?

the sensors should be central with no gap.

Hi everybody,

Just fitted my front sportline spoiler and the 2 middle sensors are going off.

When i reverse the 2 sensors at the front are beep and showing red.

Has anyone come across this and did you rectify it?

Thanks
Thread merged with three similar.

Back