Sportline Carbon Mirror Covers

Elliott

Lifeguard
T6 Pro
I’d like to get a set of original sportline carbon mirror covers, my main question is, I’ve got oryx white top sections at the moment, I’ve heard the covers just stick on, do I need to buy some Matt black covers as well? I don’t want to see a white line? Or do they completely capsulate the white cover? Anyone fitted them? Any advice?
Thanks

I’d like to get a set of original sportline carbon mirror covers, my main question is, I’ve got oryx white top sections at the moment, I’ve heard the covers just stick on, do I need to buy some Matt black covers as well? I don’t want to see a white line? Or do they completely capsulate the white cover? Anyone fitted them? Any advice?
Thanks

I had them and hate to burst your bubble, but they are crap. They just stick over the top of the mirror casing, and not very well.
They also leave quite a gap exposed of the wing mirror underneath. Mine were on a week before I took them off.

My standards must be lower than yours tourer!
Have them fitted with extra double side tape but quite like them, reasonably happy with fit.
Will try n take a close up mirror pic n post, might be able to zoom in on this one. DSC_0560_1.JPG

Not that I notice , will need to have a better look.
Will post some pics up tomorrow if I can escape work when it's still light.

Thanks all so far, the main thing is should I buy some basic covers rather than sticking them on my white ones

Hello, sorry for sounding stupid but the genuine carbon caps full covers or stick on over your current covers?

The VW ones stick over part of the current covers. There are fake carbon aftermarket replacement covers, which I reckon look better.

I had them and hate to burst your bubble, but they are crap. They just stick over the top of the mirror casing, and not very well.
They also leave quite a gap exposed of the wing mirror underneath. Mine were on a week before I took them off.
I thought they were complete carbon fibre mirror covers.

Might as well save yourself a few quid perhaps and take them off and get them hydro dipped perhaps.

Back