VSR, Split Charge or Battery to Battery charger for T6?

Hi Guys

Ok i have a t5.1 12 plate and have always just ran 25mm2 to the front seat from a Duralit 140amp split charge to 1 or 2 banner batteries and all has been well in the world

Now i've took the plunge and ordered a euro 6 Cherry red LWB van with lots of options for march 1 delivery

So I've been gathering bits ready for the conversion

I've heard mixed thoughts on the euro 6 some say VSr's are OK others say no !!!!!!

So I've got hold of at an epic price a sterling battery to battery ultra pro 60amp charger for the price i paid it would suit me to use this and simply feed it with 25mm2 from starter bat to under the passenger seat battery banner bull 110)

with it being 60amp is it too much ????? not the price the output etc

Your thoughts please guys and gals

You are absolutely right, you cannot use a VSR on a T6, in spite of what some morons still think! Go with the Sterling, it's perfect for what you need.

Hi I have a 2015 T6 and was wondering which systems you guys use to charge your leisure battery? Do I really need a ctek charger at £250

Hi I have a 2015 T6 and was wondering which systems you guys use to charge your leisure battery?
Do I really need a ctek charger at £250
I use a Ring RSCDC30 which cost me around £170, I think.

@Dellmassive has a very detailed post on the matter along with which DC-DC chargers are best .. google away until your hearts content and see what prices you can find..:

DC-DC Charger (for Leisure Battery)

Last edited:
In a nutshell, yes you do, but there are many and varied units available to you other than the Ctek. The cheapest one is the Nemo but you are still looking at the thick end of £200 with wiring.
It is worth bearing in mind that DC DC chargers are excellent value when consider that they charge your battery properly, unlike an old style relay based split charge system.
Read the Advice and Suggestions section at the bottom of my home page for a full explanation.

https://www.travelvolts.net/

I can vouch for @travelvolts , @Mr blue buy his kit, and the help he gives you is brilliant , all kit comes with instructions so you can fit it yourself . Just done mine!
Ditto. Just tell him what you currently have, what you think you need, and what you might want in future and he’ll suggest what he thinks will work and will sell you what you require - nothing more, nothing less.

Back