Speed Warning Help!!!

Discussion in 'New T6 Forum Members Area' started by VW Smith, 17 Mar 2019 at 16:57.

1. VW Smith

VW Smith Member

just been caught on one of those average speed cameras... TWICE!!!!

Does anyone know of a setting in the satnav that actually beeps at you if you go over the speed limit, I don’t mean the one on the dash as that one only sets one speed?

My Toyota Hulu’s and Nissan note satnav had them.

2. andys

andys Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Don't have factory satnav, but if you can use Waze on Carplay/Aandroid that has warnings, or use the limiter if you have cruise.

I always set my cruise about 3-4 mph above the average speed camera limit and leave it at that all the way through. Always amuses me when I see people piling past me before slamming the brakes on when they see a camera and dropping to about 40 mph before racing off at 70 again. I think some people left school before they learned what average means :rolleyes:

Sjacko20, Dellmassive and Tourershine like this.
  3. StudleyGlass

StudleyGlass 150 DSG Kombi/Caravelle Highline VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
  4. Dellmassive

Dellmassive 204 T32 DSG LWB SPORTLINE PV MY18 VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
  5. Tourershine

Tourershine Senior Citizen VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    I feel for you mate.
    I've lost my license twice in my driving life because of totting up points, and only just got a clean license since around 20 years ago.
    I agree with @andys. I see drivers doing that on a daily basis and always wonder if they ever got busted.

How do you know you've been caught twice? Have you had 2 separate NIP's?

VW Smith likes this.
  6. VW Smith

VW Smith Member

I’m a scout leader and was taking a group (not in my car) for a night hike, hadn’t even realised there where cameras on that stretch of road. Got caught on way there average 50mph in a 40 and on way home average 54mph in a 40 both letters came on separate days

Tourershine likes this.
  7. VW Smith

VW Smith Member

Studley that’s sounds great, I’m not very tech savvy, need to become a fully paid up member I guess to download and what SD card can I buy as I’ve noticed another slot to the right of the satnav?

8. StudleyGlass

StudleyGlass 150 DSG Kombi/Caravelle Highline VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Nor me, i just followed the instructions given and copied it onto my vw sd card. All worked fine. There are plenty of clever guys on here who will help you if you get stuck :thumbsup:

VW Smith likes this.
  9. Ads_Essex

Ads_Essex Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    How far apart are the captures - within hours of each other? If you’ve not yet replied to the letters, you could consider replying and requesting a court hearing instead of taking both sets of points - the reason being that you can ask the magistrate to consider only one charge of speeding (it was one round trip, after all).
    It’s a similar principle to, say, assaulting someone; you don’t get charged for every punch you throw, but for the whole assault..
    Give it a go - you’ve nothing to lose.

10. VW Smith

VW Smith Member

I thought about that Ads, as if a police car was following me for a while he couldn’t give me 2 speeding tickets. But I got to the night hike walked for probably 2hrs and came back same way and the speed camera was the same one but in the opposite direction, think I will have to hold my hands up gov. And take the wrap, hopefully they’ll give me one of them as a speed awareness course and so only 3 instead of 6 points

11. Tourershine

Tourershine Senior Citizen VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    That's certainly a possibility if you've not done an awareness course in the last 3 years.
    As for asking them to consider it as one offence, that's highly unlikely. That's like speeding through one speed camera and getting flashed, and doing the same 10 miles down the road. Two separate offences, or if that was the case and someone got flashed on one camera, they'd just hammer it for the rest of the day thinking they might as well now.

VW Smith likes this.
  12. VW Smith

VW Smith Member

Studley... just got back from testing!!! that worked brilliantly!!!! Thank you very mucho, any chance you can get rid of my 6 points also?

andys, StudleyGlass and Tourershine like this.
  13. Ads_Essex

Ads_Essex Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Hah, like a free-for-all.. see how many you can rack up.

Consolidation can work for two or three Gatso’s if the speed isn’t mental, if they can be deemed to be within the same journey and - as is in @VW Smith predicament - on the same bit of road. But two hours later probably wouldn’t wash.
    It all depends on the court.

And as already said, hopefully you’ll get an offer of a course for one of them at least.

Tourershine likes this.
  14. Salty Spuds

Salty Spuds Senior Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Guru

Unfortunately that’s over 18months out of date with no prospect of it being updated. It’s one of the main reasons I took out VIP membership, hey ho:thumbsdown:

15. StudleyGlass

Map
    Good work that man :thumbsup:

16. Phil_G

Phil_G Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

For satnav I use Google maps on my phone, and today is the first time she's warned me of every speed camera I passed.
    Think it must be a new facility they've just introduced as I've not changed any settings or intentionally downloaded any new maps or whatever.

Last edited: 18 Mar 2019 at 21:17