Speaker Things And Leisure Batt Charge

N1ck

T6 Pro
The guy before me had fitted some speakers with these kenwood things, I’m guessing I will have to retain these, there were four of them under the drivers seat so relocating them also not sure where the jumpers should be, I disconnected them all before realising I may need to keep them, also there is no front rear balance on my head unit t6 with sat Nav any advice?
Also I have fitted my leisure battery which I have no issue doing but was wondering why we don’t use the big red cable under the passenger seat for the feed ? Just curious
Nick

2BFB6EE5-AD3A-4382-B922-5453D07BD8DE.jpeg

I worked out which way the wires went back on and also that the inner two connectors were for the bigger speakers and the outer two for tweeters ? Not sure what the jumper did, thanks for the link to the fader thread

The jumper attenuates (quietens) the tweeters. 0db leaves as is and the middle and top ones attenuate by 2db and 4db respectively

Thanks for the replies, any idea why we don’t use the large red wire under the passenger seat for battery charging ?

You can, i have used mine to feed a dc dc charger which is current limited, as long as you understand you cant pull too much current through it then its fine

It is a permanent supply from the e-box under the battery and is normally connected via a 50A fuse (but thats not a given !)

Thanks for the replies, I did use the big wire for the leisure battery charge, it blew the fuse when the battery went flat, the fuse was just a 40 amp and is located under the battery under the battery tray in the E box so a right pig to get to, have now run a dedicated cable and learnt a valuable lesson on using existing wires

Back