Spanish Camping Holiday And Mtb-ing Information.

MEZ50

T6 Guru
Morning All,

We are driving through Spain in late March to Tarifa via Seville.

Then on to Sierra Nevada 2nd week of April ish.

The idea is to follow the winter Sun and ride the trails on some of the mountains. Before continuing to the Pyrenees and back through France.

Just wondering if anyone has experience of driving in Spain this time of year. Regarding the weather, snow etc.

Also any info on good MTB trails that anyone has ridden or recommend along the southern Spanish route would be nice. @Shredder ?

Cheers in advance.

I have no personal experience on this but have a look at McTrail Rider's YouTube channel, mad keen MTB'er who is currently touring southern Spain in his motorhome finding great places to ride. He's posting them on his Strava when he does as well.

I'll have to sort a Longer Stem :laugh: for the single tracks....

You'd better make sure your EHIC European Health Card is still valid before you go. We'll still be in the EU then and you might very well need it if you start running an even longer Stem on those tracks ;);):D

Morning All,

We are driving through Spain in late March to Tarifa via Seville.

Then on to Sierra Nevada 2nd week of April ish.

The idea is to follow the winter Sun and ride the trails on some of the mountains. Before continuing to the Pyrenees and back through France.

Just wondering if anyone has experience of driving in Spain this time of year. Regarding the weather, snow etc.

Also any info on good MTB trails that anyone has ridden or recommend along the southern Spanish route would be nice. @Shredder ?

Cheers in advance.

You’ll have no problems at all I’ve regularly driven backwards and forwards on all routes through Spain without any problems.
The mail Autovias are always open.
I came back up through from Seville, up through Burgos ,yes there was/ is snow about but not on the Autovias, ther are snowploughs out salting/gritting .

You’ll have no problems at all I’ve regularly driven backwards and forwards on all routes through Spain without any problems.
The mail Autovias are always open.
I came back up through from Seville, up through Burgos ,yes there was/ is snow about but not on the Autovias, ther are snowploughs out salting/gritting .

Thank You @Caulkhead .

That’s good to know as I’m not sure what the weather will be like end of March.

Back