Soundproofing after build

Carnut2chris

My van is fully built but I'm wondering is there any more i can do to soundproof the van further?

I know i need to get around to soundproofing the front doors and cab floor at some point but should i be looking at Dodomat in the backs of cupboards draws etc,

Cheers

Chris

Be careful of all that extra weight your adding to the van .... (That stuff is very heavy, and used to dull vibrations on large metal panels)

It will effect mpg and legal GVW for the rating.

Especially on T28s

“sound deadening”
In order of effectiveness;
Scuttle
Wheel arch liners
Headliner
Hello....do you consider just the scuttle and wheel arch liners would make much of an improvement. and is the foam better than the butyl mat for these areas?.
Thanks.

Hello....do you consider just the scuttle and wheel arch liners would make much of an improvement. and is the foam better than the butyl mat for these areas?.
Thanks.
Use both, if you read the content I used 30mm Sound Buffler foam (not cheap) from the Sound Deadening Shop for the scuttle, 1sq M is enough if you are careful not to waste it.
10mm self adhesive foam from Amazon for the arches.
The areas are small, additional weight from butyl mat is minimal. For the arches put the butyl on the steel and the foam on the back of the liner.

Use both, if you read the content I used 30mm Sound Buffler foam (not cheap) from the Sound Deadening Shop for the scuttle, 1sq M is enough if you are careful not to waste it.
10mm self adhesive foam from Amazon for the arches.
The areas are small, additional weight from butyl mat is minimal. For the arches put the butyl on the steel and the foam on the back of the liner.
You mention "read the content" is there a link or did I miss the post? Ta!

Back