sound-deadening: what is everyone using?

Recently did mine. Used dodo dead mat, super liner on top of. The result is great. Although the super liner is a bit of a pig to work with. I believe they do a product which is both in one. If I was to do it again I’d probably use that

Mine is a PV I’m converting to kombi. It is a fiddly, time consuming job but I’d recommend it for the end result. Doing it yourself means you can cover every square inch. Deadening shop do a package of 1x roll dead mat and 4x rolls of super liner. Because I went a bit OTT I ended up buying another roll of the dead mat to get every single skin panel covered in both products including the roof. I’m yet to do the floor and may use the combination product for ease of use

dodomat....3.5 boxes of it later...the most boring job ever...
suggest start and get done in a weekend or get trusted friends to assist..
if you do in bits when you get chance it just goes on forevevevevveveveveverrrrr...
thought i'd love doing it...learnt to hate it quick

the results though....so quiet... i even did inner arches in full and more of the bits that you dont see than do....thus made life twice as hard for myself..
its up to you how far you go...i went silly but love the results...
used the 16mm insulation over the top...and then have got pro van floor but not got to that yet...

dodomat....3.5 boxes of it later...the most boring job ever...
suggest start and get done in a weekend or get trusted friends to assist..
if you do in bits when you get chance it just goes on forevevevevveveveveverrrrr...
thought i'd love doing it...learnt to hate it quick

the results though....so quiet... i even did inner arches in full and more of the bits that you dont see than do....thus made life twice as hard for myself..
its up to you how far you go...i went silly but love the results...
used the 16mm insulation over the top...and then have got pro van floor but not got to that yet...
Couldn’t agree more! Started last weekend, an hour or so most evenings in the week and best part of the day today to finish. Same as you enjoyed it at first, there’s something quite satisfying about the dead mat when you get a nice big square to fill. Tucking it down in cavities, nooks and crannies is when you begin to hate the stuff.
Quality results though!

my t6 is now quieter than my golf mk7.... and i havent done the floor yet!

ps i left tailgate till later i was so bored of it, doing now... the tailgate is just one utter git....:mad::p

At times it felt like I was painting the Forth Rail Bridge. I used SilentCoat. 3.5boxes seems about right. The smell of the rubber grated on me towards the end. I'm glad I've done mine completely. Entire Cab and cargo floor took me a weekend. I made the mistake of doing it over one of those hot weekends. The sun dazzled me and the heat exhausted me. It starts off fun, but by the end...

We use silent coat on every surface. And then dodo mat over the top for insulation, and finally carpeted. Works well and is very quiet

11 sheets 4m2. cab & cargo took 2 boxes. doors, sides and outside of rear arches another. I've a few sheets left and some offcuts.

Note: dont get carried away with dodmat behind door 1st skin. 1st wind down of window, pulled loads up and off and jammed my window. I was halfway from home and it was raining. I only wanted to flick a fag. (not a euphemism)

sounds like front doors will be fun...i want to do the front cab roof too....later...much later...when theres nothing else to do...my pod and furniture is still in my loft from my t5.......
gone so much more on the 6.... at times i even say i need to give over with the ocd...im terrible...

sounds like front doors will be fun...i want to do the front cab roof too....later...much later...when theres nothing else to do...my pod and furniture is still in my loft from my t5.......
gone so much more on the 6.... at times i even say i need to give over with the ocd...im terrible...
Aren’t we all on here?! Otherwise we’d all be driving white ply lined transits instead

Back