[Guide] Sound Deadening and Insulation -- How To Do It --

Noise deadening and acoustic insulation of the scuttle results in the biggest cab noise reduction.
For those interested in sound deadening the scuttle I used 2mm Silent Coat with 30mm Silent Coat Noise Buffler 30 applied on top.
Although not a big area it‘s unlikely to be found clean and best done with card templates to avoid wastage.
One 1m x 1m Noise Buffler sheet is enough with a small amount left over. All faces were covered inc’ the drivers side (RH) blanking plate for ventilation.
The only places not covered are the passenger side ventilation intake and the scuttle drain ports left and right. When you fit the wiper mechanism back you may need to trim the foam slightly, I left mine as it is only just touching in one place.
It has made a significant difference to the cab noise level, well worth doing.
View attachment 94784View attachment 94784View attachment 94785View attachment 94786View attachment 94787View attachment 94788View attachment 94789

When people are thermo fleecing what areas are they generally covering. I’ve done the wheel arch cavities and above and then partially done the easy to access parts of the tailgate.

I’m not sure about the sides and sliding doors.. feels like an obvious area to do but thinking how it would work if you try to use it for storage potentially?

16C0CD02-5ED3-4B19-A265-6C322A74CFA1.jpeg

Has anybody used thermoliner on roof crossbars (have done the large panels). Was thinking of using 6mm but not sure it will cause problems refitting roof panel

Back