Sony Head Unit Upgrade & Retaining Parking Sensors?

CardyP

I’m looking to update my T5.1’s head unit and retain my current rear parking sensors.

My local ICE installer have suggested the Sony XAV-AX5650. They charge £500 for this unit however I can get about £100 off this elsewhere. They have also quoted approx. £300 for a rear camera and the harness to retain the parking sensors.

My questions are:

Is £300 a bit steep for a harness and camera? Possibly seems it to me

Will the beepers still work without the harness and does this only give the on screen visuals? I read somewhere the beepers speaker is elsewhere and does not come from the head unit.

Does this Sony unit fit exactly in the existing space or protrude at all?

Are there any better / possibly cheaper alternatives to consider?

I’m looking to upgrade the speakers etc in due course.

Many thanks in advance

I’m looking to update my T5.1’s head unit and retain my current rear parking sensors.

My local ICE installer have suggested the Sony XAV-AX5650. They charge £500 for this unit however I can get about £100 off this elsewhere. They have also quoted approx. £300 for a rear camera and the harness to retain the parking sensors.

My questions are:

Is £300 a bit steep for a harness and camera? Possibly seems it to me

Will the beepers still work without the harness and does this only give the on screen visuals? I read somewhere the beepers speaker is elsewhere and does not come from the head unit.

Does this Sony unit fit exactly in the existing space or protrude at all?

Are there any better / possibly cheaper alternatives to consider?

I’m looking to upgrade the speakers etc in due course.

Many thanks in advance
Is this a fully fitted price? Are you retaining factory usb, FM and DAB?

Cheers
Chris

These are the supply prices.
I was looking at having the doors sound deadened and speakers upgraded at the same time so all factored in to fitting cost.

The unit is a DAB unit with USB (is not wireless carplay)

Thanks

Seems a little steep on supply only but not miles out

Seems a little steep on supply only but not miles out
Many thanks.

Sorry to be a pain but any ideas on my other points, is this unit a straight fit? Does the harness provide audio and visual or just the visual bits and any suggested alternatives?

Hi there, did you get any further with please? I'm considering that same Sony head unit and have the same questions for my T5.1. Thanks. Steve

It's dependant on if your sensors are factory kit, what wiring harness you have and what rention box you have

Back