LWB - cargo depth?

Undertoker

Undertaker
T6 Pro
Hi guys
i am looking to purchase a new vehicle for my funeral home and I’m feeling drawn to a VW transporter
I need at least 2m depth to take 1 or two stretchers side by side in and at least 1m in width, I have been looking at the Kombi but I’m not sure it’s deep enough with the extra seats in it.
I also prefer a petrol engine over a diesel and in the black or at least grey ideally.
can anyone tell me if the LWB kombi is deep enough to take a 2m stretcher ? Also is there anything I should look out for specifically please ?
Clearly you guys know these vehicles so I’m hoping you’ll be able to guide me
lastly if anyone can find me a black petrol auto gearbox transporter with less than 10k miles on I’d appreciate the assistance please as I do need a vehicle ASAP in honesty
thank you in advance
John

Last edited:
Welcome to Forum!
The dimensions you are looking for are probably below L2, L12, W202. So even LWB lacks a few centimeters. However, some higher specced vans have seats on rails, which possibly might help. I'm sure someone will chime in shortly.

1612038811418.png
1612039489120.png

Full set of drawings --> Technical drawings - BodybuilderDatabase

Hi guys
i am looking to purchase a new vehicle for my funeral home and I’m feeling drawn to a VW transporter
I need at least 2m depth to take 1 or two stretchers side by side in and at least 1m in width, I have been looking at the Kombi but I’m not sure it’s deep enough with the extra seats in it.
I also prefer a petrol engine over a diesel and in the black or at least grey ideally.
can anyone tell me if the LWB kombi is deep enough to take a 2m stretcher ? Also is there anything I should look out for specifically please ?
Clearly you guys know these vehicles so I’m hoping you’ll be able to guide me
lastly if anyone can find me a black petrol auto gearbox transporter with less than 10k miles on I’d appreciate the assistance please as I do need a vehicle ASAP in honesty
thank you in advance
John
I’m pretty sure New Wave Custom Conversions have done an undertakers van before if you are looking to have it fitted out.

Back