T6.1 Android Auto - no audio [Resolved]

There is a workaround if you're interested..

You need...
1 x SD card
1 x Long mp3 file (i use an 8h rain track, link below)

Put the Mp3 file onto the SD card, put the SD card into the stereo.

1. With the phone unplugged goto 'Media' and play the mp3 file.
2. Plug the phone into the van.
3. Select Spotify and play!

Link to 8h mp3 file - Audio – Google Drive
I can vouch for this working, it's exactly what I ended up trying. There's a few little caveats and tips though in addition, that I've also found:

1. Do the above, but only have that one long 8h rain track on your SD card - if you have more mp3s on your card and you accidentally catch the next/prev track button on your steering wheel, it will skip to the next SD card track, NOT your Spotify track for example. It'll then balls up again and you'll have to do step 2 below

2. If you do accidentally do the above, hit pause on Spotify within Android Auto, hit the Media button on the head unit (will auto start playing the sd card track again), then simply press App again on the head unit to switch back to Android Auto and you can press play on Spotify; and that will re-take control of playing audio again. The key is to have Spotify pause and the hit play, if you leave it playing it wont switch the audio input just by pressing App on the head unit

3. Same can happen if someone calls you and bluetooth audio takes over - just perform step 2 again.

Bit of a pain in the arse workaround but after you've had to do it a few times, it ends up being fairly straightforward. Hopefully will get an update from VW at some point so don't have to do this faffing.

Replacement DL link above for a 10h mp3, as the previously linked one doesn't appear to be valid any more.

Cheers

The last few releases of android auto have been buggy.

Have you tried opening the music app on your phone while connected to android auto? I get it sometimes where it says playing and no sound comes out, open Spotify on the phone and it works again.

Also download the latest android auto 5.2.5, you might have to get the apk as mine wouldn't update from the playstore jobby :thumbsup:
It is possible that the problem may be due to malfunction or error in the Android Auto application and the latest version download is capable of solving the problem. In addition, trying to open music applications on your phone when connected to Android Auto can also help reset the connection between the application and the audio system of the car. It is important to make sure that both phones and audio systems of cars are configured and compatible with Android Auto to avoid any incidents.

All sorted, the new van update is out, had mine done today, works fine
Hi mate,
I just bought a used 2020 transporter having this problem, I rang the dealer they told me there are no updates available and would be 160 euro just to look at it could you tell me what exactly was the fix so I have something to say back to them. very annoying problem as I use it a lot

Back