Solow wheel alignment

djg87

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hey everyone

Looking to get the alignment done and wondered if anyone with solows can tell me if there anything I need to ask for ? Guys at the shop are nice enough and have said ask what was done with others running the same. I’ve read so far…… full fuel tank , empty van and machine set to no load? Anything else I should know? I’m running 20in wheels at solows at full height. Would showing the garage other peoples print outs be helpful?

Dependant on what equipment they are using?

To get it spot on, adjustable poly bushes are the way forward.

The guy said it’s hunter alignment. I’m thinking without adjustable bushes and at max height it’s possible to get it pretty close to straight except the camber right?

The guy said it’s hunter alignment. I’m thinking without adjustable bushes and at max height it’s possible to get it pretty close to straight except the camber right?
Depending on just how far down on Solows you are then it’s possible to get the rear end green, but if you’re really low it’s highly unlikely without adjustable bushes.

Front end is usually possible, but the rear is tricky. For example, if you do fit adjustable bushes and get the camber green, you might find, depending on the width and offset of your rear wheels and the width and profile of your tyres, that the rear wheels don’t tuck enough to go inside the arch, but again, you might not be low enough for that to be a problem.

When you get really low there are always compromises to be made, but if you’re near the top of the adjustment it might be possible to be green all round without problems.

As for the hunter, you want the van to be loaded with whatever you normal load is, whether that’s empty, full of tools etc it doesn’t matter, so long as it’s loaded the same way it is for your usual day to day driving. Insist on the no load settings.

Thank you for your response. Got the coils set as high as possible and the vans always pretty empty so I think I may get away with it. I’m on 20x9 et35s with 255/35/20s so I don’t think the rear wheel will cause any problems. I was going to lower the back a bit more but I may leave it as is. C4105115-EDD5-45E4-8634-4BB392124CE2.jpeg Thanks again

Back