zombie_T6

T6 Guru
8565D040-1CEC-42B3-80AB-680024AA7E77.jpeg anyone else seen this kit yet? I know some of you aren’t into the mega lows but it would be interesting to know what the ride quality is like.

Also just realised I’ve posted this in the wrong forum section, while it is late :confused: @Pauly can you move it?

Last edited:
Would this effectively give you a better ride when lowered but not at max lowering (as in, it’s a shorter coil so the spring isn’t as compressed) @T6180 ?

Yeah I was wondering what the ride might be like, my vmaxx extreme will go really low but then the dampening is nearly non existent.....or at least it’s too firm for me!! I’ve raised it up (currently 38cm from center of wheel to arch) now and the ride is fine, it’s still lower than just springs I think, but if the solow set up could go lower and be smoother I may be interested. The vmaxx are about as high as they will go :rofl:

I've been running these since November and there much better than my b14s.

I'm lower than b14s, at least 30mm more and still have about 20mm till there wound right down.

This means the ride isn't harsh especially if your running 18s/19s and 40/45 profile tyres.

For the extra bit of cash over b14s I'd highly recommend them especially if your running H&R ARBs to it's like a go-kart.

If anyone is near Manchester or Coventry/midlands/leicester I'm happy to meet up and take them for a spin before you buy

@T6180 .... so what is the actual usable adjustable range Xmm to 130mm ??

I'm running 255/40/19s so I'd say 90mm is about right.. I was running it a bit lower and my tyres were rubbing on the inner arch liner over large bumps .. as THQ state to get it to 130mm you need to do the hub mod and top mounts so you'll only get 100mm max out the box

The key thing here is not how low your going but how much your compressing the shock for comfort, b14s wound down to 70mm or solows not wound down and achieving 80/90mm

If your after the slammed look, these will do it, but you'll need to do other mods to get it to not rub, arch liners etc.. I found at 10mm lower than what I'm currently running and it was impractical for my daily driving, scraping belly pan on speed bumps or scrapping spare wheel carrier getting off my drive for example....you also need to factor in wheels size too...when I was running 20s on b14s I didn't need to have them wound down and still had 10mm left

If it's low and comfort then the solows have more than enough adjustment

I thought THQ say 130 back and 100 front out of the box? Or was it the other way round?

I did ask them on their instagram post what the drop of these was at their highest but no reply.

Basically so if they are set at the same as the B14s max drop would they be more comfortable.

I thought THQ say 130 back and 100 front out of the box? Or was it the other way round?

I did ask them on their instagram post what the drop of these was at their highest but no reply.

Basically so if they are set at the same as the B14s max drop would they be more comfortable.
yes to the comfort question and 100mm front and 130mm rear but to get 130mm front you'll need to do the mods

Given up due to the bush wear or the damper's are fooooked? How many miles have you covered @Petehelmet ?
They have covered approx 150k at least and are 5 and half years old as they were on my T5 so can’t grumble with that, the rear springs gave up the ghost first about 6 months back. I carry plenty of weight in my van and often have to travel over rough ground on site. Shock seems to be ok but as you can see the bush has worn out.

They have covered approx 150k at least and are 5 and half years old as they were on my T5 so can’t grumble with that, the rear springs gave up the ghost first about 6 months back. I carry plenty of weight in my van and often have to travel over rough ground on site. Shock seems to be ok but as you can see the bush has worn out.
That's pretty good going!

@T6180 how you finding the front tyre wear? When I have my extremes wound down the camber changes enough to scrub the inside edges out... I can’t get the 4 wheel alignment done either because there’s not enough arch gap to fit the gauges on.

Back