Solar Shack, Ashington

John7612

T6 Pro
Recently had a 320w solar panel put onto my T6 camper, plus an upgrade to my leisure battery by Colin at Solar Shack in Ashington.
This is a small company but great customer service. Colin is very passionate about all things solar. So with the summer around the corner, I thought I would take this opportunity to promote this, as I had a very good experience and a job well done.

Has anybody else used them?

www.solarshack.co.uk

Got some pics of your setup and install?

As promised here is my panel. Note that if the panel needs changing it can just be unscrewed and disconnected. So it’s only the fittings that are in contact with the roof. I have also added a screen shot of the info on my phone from Bluetooth. Again note that my battery is full and the fridge is running from the panel. I leave the fridge on. also as you can see from the pic it was an over cast day.

324589BE-414E-4D05-9DA6-D248F925E5BF.jpegA075743E-3F25-4EAB-A9D3-9CFF01B7AE7A.jpeg28715950-4B36-4BB2-B14D-26BAFA146CD1.jpeg

Just dropped them a line to give me a price to change my 100w roof panel to 200w or greater. Soon have my Lithium battery bulging with all that extra power.

Thank you.
I'm going to give them a call as lookingbfor similar set up from them for our t6.1.
We're interested in the 345w solar set up and also some questions for the tracker they do for £99, it'll give us an idea for trackers and our liking of the new van before we commit to more expensive subscribed tracker.
Cheers

Just dropped them a line to give me a price to change my 100w roof panel to 200w or greater. Soon have my Lithium battery bulging with all that extra power.
The guy there is good and very passionate about all things solar. I’m happy with the service I got and I have the 340w panel my fridge is on all the time and it doesn’t run down, it generates a decent amount of power on a cloudy day, and the are a lot of those in Scotland. Let us know how you get on.

Thank you.
I'm going to give them a call as lookingbfor similar set up from them for our t6.1.
We're interested in the 345w solar set up and also some questions for the tracker they do for £99, it'll give us an idea for trackers and our liking of the new van before we commit to more expensive subscribed tracker.
Cheers
Let us know how you got on.

The guy there is good and very passionate about all things solar. I’m happy with the service I got and I have the 340w panel my fridge is on all the time and it doesn’t run down, it generates a decent amount of power on a cloudy day, and the are a lot of those in Scotland. Let us know how you get on.
Also there is a Montane factory shop there so you can stock up on discounted walking kit.

Reactions: CAB
After 3 weeks of having my 345W solar panels installed by Colin at Solar Shack on a T5 Pop top
Really pleased with the work and the output.

I have not been near a electrical hook up since the install.
Which living in Scotland is quite remarkable

Fridge is on full when away , in fact I had to turn the fridge down as the wine was to cold and veg started to freeze

Colin certainly knows what he is doing and explained the different chargers
I just went for the standard charger which works very well with 2 X 100mh batteries (AGM)

His wiring is very neat and clipped in place , looks professional.

Did go for the corner posts which look very smart

I live in Aberdeen , so a fair drive down but worth it.

Back