Solar panel failed

Video is in German, but you'll get the idea ....

.... a windscreen remover worked in the end, and he worked in sections cutting each section of sikaflex individually.

Hey guys , are you cutting off the mc4 connectors to thread through the roof ?

Hey guys , are you cutting off the mc4 connectors to thread through the roof ?
My panels didn't have them but I cut the cables and used a marine cable gland from Scanstrut (DS-H10)

07_Scanstrut.jpg

If you want to retain the original solar wiring and run +ve and -ve then a Scanstrut DS-HD6-BLK would work well ....

l-min_1._m0_w924_h924_c1_b__pcenter_q80__1920x1920.jpg

Yes, I cut mine and went through the pop-top with two little grommets ( no need to be watertight outside the tent) then connector, then in through roof with the standard white plastic double cable gland under the poptop.
I’m planning exact same , did you run them under canvas or did you keep them outside all the way into the van ( hope this makes sense )
Any pictures?

I’m planning exact same , did you run them under canvas or did you keep them outside all the way into the van ( hope this makes sense )
Any pictures?
They are outside the canvas. Turns out I don’t have pictures of the finished job - I’ll get some in the light tomorrow.

They are outside the canvas. Turns out I don’t have pictures of the finished job - I’ll get some in the light tomorrow.
Cheers I measured my PT , unfortunately it sits to close to the canvas , will have to route cable in through canvas

Back