Software update for 69 Plate DSG sluggish pulling away

Flyingspanner

ODIS-E ODIS-S VCDS Hex Net
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Software update for 01 to address this issue has been released. Just applied it to the engine ecu on my van and it is so much better pulling away, the pregnant pause is a thing of the past.

Please explain.
For all DSG vans in warranty, or for all regardless of warranty?
Or is it a paid upgrade?

When you go to pull away, nothing happens then the box engages and it’s off like a scolded cat. If yours does that, get it booked in for the update.

Thanks. It does do that, but I was kind of getting used to it. Lol.
Will drop them a mail.
Cheers

Just watching a film, I will look up the tech bulletin number when it’s finished as they may not be aware of it yet.

My A6 Allroad used to do it, drove me insane when pulling off roundabouts, having stop start these days makes it even worse

Bulletin number is 2056343/4 entitled:
T6 initial running DSG MY 19, software now available.
My previous software version was 6750, updated version is: 9778
Just double checking - the suffix of the new software is as below (RL)?
Address 01: Engine (2D2D2-CXHA)
Part No SW: 04L 906 056 RL
Component: R4 2.0l TDI H02 9778

EDIT - one more question please: is the VIN WV1... (panel van) or WV2... (passenger carrier)?

Last edited:
I'm confused. How does an engine map change what the gearbox is doing?
Am I missing something?

I'm confused. How does an engine map change what the gearbox is doing?
Am I missing something?
DSG and ENGINE control units have very specific way of communicating via CAN.
Even when you clear the faults with VCDS in the engine control unit, the DSG control unit faults get cleared as well and vice versa.

Mine is a panel van WV1 with CXHA engine which does not have the balancer shaft module, generally the passenger carriers have the engine with the balancer shafts which make them more refined.
Throttle response is controlled via engine ecu the engine ecu sends signals to the mechatronics unit to control the valves and they work together as Robert says.
There is no specific so called SVM code like they usually supply, instead running an update of the engine ecu via normal update for 01 will implement the change and I like how it feels now. Prior to the update, pressing the pedal would be met with a pause then bang off it went, much smoother now with better response, I like how it drives now.

This update is excellent news. :smile bounce: The pregnant pause when trying to pull away in heavy traffic is a real pain. Quite fed up of trying to cheat its slough. As said above see a gap, perhaps at a roundabout for instance. Press the accelerator pedal, nothing, then nothing you squeeze harder, nothing, nothing......shit and off it goes. That or one waits, then sees a bigger gap, squeeze the peddle nothing so give up and so on. The best way that I found for progress to be smother, without using more drastic measures, was to just trickle the accelerator slowly, and build up pressure. It then seem to pull away smoothly. It just took far to much concentration.

Back