Sodding Tambour Doors!

Will it open at all? Even a few mm? If so a wire coat hanger and a fishing expedition! If not a new tambour if you don't want to dismantle (I wouldn't).
A broddle about with a coat hanger dislodged the offending kettle lid. 10 mins wasn't too bad....... Leaving the coat hanger in the 'box of useful van stuff' under the bed. Cheers.

Get a powerful vacuum cleaner, tape a piece of smaller hose to the suction hose and feed it in the gap. Hopefully it will pull it out.

I too feel your pain. We've got one cupboard with a tambour from bottom to top which has a shelf in the middle where we keep bedding. Last year, I slid the tambour up to find that it jammed solid part way. It wouldn't go up or down and the culprit was obviously a piece of material being dragged into the roll. Luckily, it had slid up just (but only just) enough to get my head into the lower compartment with a head torch and screwdriver and with a bit of contortion, I managed to unscrew the shelf and drop the whole lot down which then allowed me to pull the offending pillow and door at the same time. It took two days for my neck to recover and we now stick a flexible plastic chopping board in front of anything in the cupboard which stops it from happening again (I think they were 3 for £2 in Ikea!).

Back