Social Distancing Dilemma

MJB67

Social distancing dilemma.
Wanting to take my father who’s in his 80s down the Kent coast for the day tomorrow from London.
He’ll be sitting in the back of my T6 conversion. 2 meters yes but would it be safe?
Poor old sod ain’t left his house in ages and he wants a ride out

Strictly speaking, he should still be sheilding.
I wouldn’t risk it..

my MiL is pestering Mrs Loz for a visit, she is going to visit her but only outside and at a safe distance.

However, the house 3 down from us has had parents of both sides coming and going the whole time...

I visit my Mother a couple of times a week, but only stand by the door while she's inside.
I'm not risking her or my daughter by relaxing social distancing for a while yet.

Social distancing dilemma.
Wanting to take my father who’s in his 80s down the Kent coast for the day tomorrow from London.
He’ll be sitting in the back of my T6 conversion. 2 meters yes but would it be safe?
Poor old sod ain’t left his house in ages and he wants a ride out
TAKE HIM,
also sit him In the front with you, talk to him, enjoy your time together.
if I remember St Catherine's cliffs are amazing over looking Dover.
if you have doing your bit, everything will be good.
enjoy, just wish I could visit Kent more often, spent every holiday as a kid in Margate & Ramsgate.

A T6 isn’t much bigger than a normal car, so if you have COVID-19 then you are probably just as likely to pass it to him.

Only you can judge the risk. We have chosen to socially distance from older members of our family who can’t drive because we don’t want to be responsible for killing them.

Pete

As @Loz says totally see there point which is stay safe and look after near ones
On the other hand as @Kramsdog mentioned life is too short
You will have to go with your gut feeling with what’s right for you
Your father could come out of his 12 weeks period in two weeks time and still contract the virus or touch an object and get it that way
What ever happens sanitizer and wash hands, don’t touch your faces if possible
Good look in what ever you decide

So the government are going to start to open up flights for holidays and on your return you have to self isolate for 2 weeks, fair enough right? But if the country that you have visited has an “air bridge” agreement with the UK then you don’t have to self isolate, WTF. I wonder if COVID 19 to has agreed this.
Makes a mockery of the whole situation, take your dad and enjoy the day.

@Eli1264
The system has been flawed from nearly the offset, the only way it could of been controlled was via total lock down with police or army being more strict
It wouldn’t of affected 90% of us normal human beings as we did that any way
It’s the minority who show us up, but often they won’t catch the virus

@Eli1264
The system has been flawed from nearly the offset, the only way it could of been controlled was via total lock down with police or army being more strict
It wouldn’t of affected 90% of us normal human beings as we did that any way
It’s the minority who show us up, but often they won’t catch the virus
I believe Castle Barnard is ok to visit

I think it's a classic case of risk vs reward. I can see valid points on both sides but I think if it was my Dad and he was desperate to get out I'd do it. Theres a balance to be had with mental and physical health - the longer this goes on the more important this will get.

Waste of PPE, you would need to change them every 20mins because of the condensation from your breath. You could always buy an S10 from ebay :rofl:
4A66C040-DC79-4CB4-AC28-BA408D702F2F.jpeg

Back