So what does everyone do for a living?

Must say, I am looking forward to enjoying music again, just gotta wait 11 years! You luck rich pensioners you! I can't go on listening to GB News, it is bound to affect me!
Yes I know :) . Took me a while to get used to receiving money from my private and state pension landing in my bank account every month after doing hee-haw. I was listening to chat radio stations but my mental health started to be affected. :)

@vanandme so what do you do for a living?

Thanks, used their foam to insulate my van, made such a big difference.

I suggest to use sound deadening (butyl based) then apply closed cell foam on the top of it for the best result, that if you would like to get rid of the noise within the van. If you want to reduce the road noise, you need MLV based insulation, like PeaceMat XXX
I bought all of mine insulation supplies from www.carinsulation.co.uk, so far, I found them the most reliable and affordable

https://www.carinsulation.co.uk/
Sound deadening PeaceMat XR - reduces rattles and panel resonance
Sound blocking MLV - Peacemat XXX or Peacemat XL - reduces road noise coming into the vehicle
Absoft 50mm - to fill the gaps
I would also recommend to buy a roller for applying sound deadening, it will save you some time.

..we have used 10mm closed cell foam from the same company for that area.
We also used the sound deadening as the first layer on the panels, roof and the wheel arches.

This thread should be renamed "How long have you been retired?"

I'm 31. Aircraft engineer with a lifetime of 12 hour shifts ahead of me! Trying to strike a balance between saving for the future, and throwing all my money at the campervan

I'm 31. Aircraft engineer with a lifetime of 12 hour shifts ahead of me! Trying to strike a balance between saving for the future, and throwing all my money at the campervan
Do a lot of the former - this will facilitate early retirement and then allow you to do a lot of the latter.

There's definitely truth in the quote "there's more to life than work". Wish I had paid heed to that earlier in my time.

Coming up to six years, lol

Back