Snow foam recommendations

Jay

Gas Engineer - Baxi Boilers
T6 Guru
Im currently using some karcher foam which I picked up in halfords. I find it runs of the van very quickly.

Was wondering what others recommend?

ValetPro for me; I find most snow foam issues are the lance not the actual fluid.

Many hours spent adjusting the nozzle, changing the filter, etc but it's running well at the moment.
Warm water for dilution seems to help it foam up better.

Reactions: Jay
I use TurtleWax Wash & Wax, get a 25L drum for about £10 in Costco.

Its not a foamy as ValetPro but its considerably cheeper and can be applied quite thick to compensate..

Bilt hamber autofoam. It doesn't dwell as long as others but strips dirty and wax far better.
A decent Lance makes all the difference though.

I use TurtleWax Wash & Wax, get a 25L drum for about £10 in Costco.

Its not a foamy as ValetPro but its considerably cheeper and can be applied quite thick to compensate..

£10 !! ur joking 25ltrs £60 on ebay....my goodness i want some please :cry:

ooh just found it for £30

Autobright for me also with their foam lance for karcher power washer.

this is what I use, through a karcher bottle from B&Q, its seems to be a good slippery wash so nothing is scratching the vansnow foam.jpg

Lance was less than 13 quid on AliExpress.

Unusually from China, it arrived in just a few days. Had some Halfords vouchers to use up, so tried the new Autoglym Polar snow foam. Haven't had this much fun since Mr Matey bath bubble.

20180308_130838.jpg

20180308_131935.jpg

@DPS I'm using a Karcher K2. Two brass nozzles come with kit. The instructions recommend using the smaller of the two nozzles, for the K2s pressure output. I've tried both and think the smaller nozzle is slightly better. For a higher pressure washer, the bigger nozzle that comes already fitted might be better. You can adjust the air valve on top and also the gap between the blades at the jet, by twisting the front grip.

The bottle has a QR code printed on it. This gives you a YouTube link to further instructions. Worth a wee watch. But it took just seconds to find the optimum setting for sticky bubbles. I also found standing a little further back from the van gave better results than close in. Have fun.

@DPS I'm using a Karcher K2. Two brass nozzles come with kit. The instructions recommend using the smaller of the two nozzles, for the K2s pressure output. I've tried both and think the smaller nozzle is slightly better. For a higher pressure washer, the bigger nozzle that comes already fitted might be better. You can adjust the air valve on top and also the gap between the blades at the jet, by twisting the front grip.

The bottle has a QR code printed on it. This gives you a YouTube link to further instructions. Worth a wee watch. But it took just seconds to find the optimum setting for sticky bubbles. I also found standing a little further back from the van gave better results than close in. Have fun.
Thank you so much for this info. Quite excited to try it out. Have you tried any other foams out of interest?

Just the Autoglym Polar stuff so far. There's lots of recommendations for other products on threads on here though. Just search 'snow foam'. Plenty members giving out good advice.

Keen to avoid swirl marks and scratches, so buying a second bucket, a merino/ lambswool mitt and some Autoglym Aquawax is as far as I've taken it so far. Based on fellow members helpful tips.

Back