Smoked Rear Reflectors

Another option is to wrap them, like I did shortly after I read this thread.
I did mine with a Gloss Black vinyl, which is a surprisingly good match to the original paint. That way you can just peel it off at MOT time.

20200315_172201.jpg

I just used a tinting spray (lots available) Applied mist coats to build the tint up until it was the shade i wanted . The one i used is easy removed type as @Tourershine says you may need to remove it at MOT time . I never had a problem with my MOT , Passed no problem.

Just feel up behind the bumper and the are two tabs/clips , just squeeze them and push .

Just arrived is a smoked hi-level brake light which I will fit later this week and hopefully get the Oe unit out without breaking
smoked tail lights will go on later this week as well
going to wrap the reflectors once the spares arrive. Will swap to red for mot

Just arrived is a smoked hi-level brake light which I will fit later this week and hopefully get the Oe unit out without breaking
smoked tail lights will go on later this week as well
going to wrap the reflectors once the spares arrive. Will swap to red for mot
Hi level brake light changed to smoked (yes original broke getting it out) and smoked tail lights added. Just reflectors to do7D90C6A8-DA06-4B1C-8C8A-148FA509E334.jpeg

Hi level brake light changed to smoked (yes original broke getting it out) and smoked tail lights added. Just reflectors to doView attachment 72492
Is that the TL third light? Looks darker than the one I have (still in the box). Mine looks more like your rear lights but as I decided to go for red smoked versions I decided not to fit (new for sale if anyone wants it)

Is that the TL third light? Looks darker than the one I have (still in the box). Mine looks more like your rear lights but as I decided to go for red smoked versions I decided not to fit (new for sale if anyone wants it)
Yes it is the TL one and it does look darker in the pic probably due to the angle and in shade.

It does look good, as do the rear lights, makes me think I should have gone for the smoked lights too

Has anybody used anything like this on their rear lights ( vinyl film )?
Is it legal ?
Hard to justify ( to the wife ) that i need new tail lights

I did my reverse lights with this fly-eye adhesive film i had lying about (not the best job as I did it super quick just to see how it looked).....looks tinted but still allows the lights through. I’m sure it would work with the reflectors

AB2BF7E5-77B4-4F1A-84F4-4BF0A5AA52C8.jpeg

Back