Smev sink and hob: 9722 or 9222?

I'm certainly no expert but that doesn't sound right to me - we have never had any issues at all with ours. It might help others to form a judgement if you say what sort of gas supply you're using. Also, I can't remember exactly why it happened but I do remember that there was a recall on that model a couple of years or so ago - it might be worth doing a bit of research and checking your serial number with Dometic to see if yours was one of those recalled.

This is incredibly helpful-it’s a relief to hear that the unit can actually work well.

I’m using a butane camping gas 902 and 1kg/hr regulator. Any thoughts suggestions would be very welcome.

Be aware that an orange flame is producing excessive carbon monoxide. A couple of things to look at are have you spilt anything on the burner as this can cause blockages in the burner plate causing poor burning. If your hob is built into a kitchen unit try opening the drawer or cupboard underneath and see if that makes a difference as the burner may not be drawing enough oxygen in, alternatively try with a door or window open. If neither help then look for a kink in the pipe as restricted gas flow can give similar results. In the meantime I’d also get a carbon monoxide alarm fitted if you haven’t got one yet. If still no joy then go back to the installer and ask them to investigate

Be aware that an orange flame is producing excessive carbon monoxide. A couple of things to look at are have you spilt anything on the burner as this can cause blockages in the burner plate causing poor burning. If your hob is built into a kitchen unit try opening the drawer or cupboard underneath and see if that makes a difference as the burner may not be drawing enough oxygen in, alternatively try with a door or window open. If neither help then look for a kink in the pipe as restricted gas flow can give similar results. In the meantime I’d also get a carbon monoxide alarm fitted if you haven’t got one yet. If still no joy then go back to the installer and ask them to investigate
Excellent advice. The performance has been poor around the entire circumference of both burners since install so I don't think blockage is likely. However, the kitchen is built into a unit and I have not consciously tried it with the drawer open yet-fingers crossed because that would be the easiest fix. My kitchen unit is a pod at the back and so I'm less concerned about the CO than I would be if it were internal. I will keep you updated.

Back