Smashed My Side Window

andy greenwood

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I have just smashed my side window by accident , i was adjusting the lower bracket on the sliding door..my alignment must have been slightly out and when i shut the door, i think the sliding door panel caught the edge of the glass on the rear quarter !!!
Never mind theres worse things going on in the world at the moment.

I going to call into kiravans tomorrow as its local and get a new window.

My question is.....i have some sikaflex 221 and sika primer in the garage, will that do for bonding on the new window ??
:(
20200323_172145.jpg 20200323_172243.jpg 20200323_181451.jpg

It should be OK, if you don't have enough (or if it's gone off in storage) you can get Tigerseal from Euro Car Parts or Puraflex 40 from Toolstation which will do the same thing.

That's nothing, I've got no roof on my integrated garage (the old flat roof came off at the weekend) and I was planning on picking up the tiles for the new one in the morning.
I can't leave that unprotected for 12 weeks or whatever this lockdown is likely to be.

That's nothing, I've got no roof on my integrated garage (the old flat roof came off at the weekend) and I was planning on picking up the tiles for the new one in the morning.
I can't leave that unprotected for 12 weeks or whatever this lockdown is likely to be.
Oh no, thats really bad. I hope somehow you get sorted mate

Fortunately I managed to pick up the roof tiles I had ordered last week this morning as soon as the roofing merchant's opened, but they said they were closing at 12.
Picking up some fixings at Screwfix this morning, the guy in front of me in the queue outside said he was halfway through doing someone's bathroom, and all they had at the moment was a toilet, no bath or basin, so he was there picking up a cheap bath to install as a temporary measure until the 'crisis' is over.
I can imagine that anyone who is part way through any major building works is going to be sh!tting bricks right now, if we get any rain like we've had in the past month or two (april showers are due) the results could be a lot of wet houses.

Fortunately I managed to pick up the roof tiles I had ordered last week this morning as soon as the roofing merchant's opened, but they said they were closing at 12.
Picking up some fixings at Screwfix this morning, the guy in front of me in the queue outside said he was halfway through doing someone's bathroom, and all they had at the moment was a toilet, no bath or basin, so he was there picking up a cheap bath to install as a temporary measure until the 'crisis' is over.
I can imagine that anyone who is part way through any major building works is going to be sh!tting bricks right now, if we get any rain like we've had in the past month or two (april showers are due) the results could be a lot of wet houses.
Glad you got sorted

fitting of the new window went well on tuesday and i was very happy.......until today.
Today i washed the van for the 1st time since fitting the new window, unfortunately after using the karcher on the bodywork I have found that the new window leaks a bit .
Im not sure exactly which area around the window the problem is though ,i'll have to invesigate further

So my plan is to do what i should done in the 1st place. Im going to get a professional to remove the glass panel , refit and reseal it. Happy days then ( hopefully)

Back