Small rust patch from roof rails

Cyb3rj0n

Hi,

My van looks to have had roof rails in a past life and I have this small piece of corrosion, and have been quoted £410 to treat and spray is that expensive given the size is so small?..

Thanks

IMG_20200724_113946.jpg

if its up-top . . .

and you cant see it . . . .?

BLACK HAMMERITE?

1595593594780.png

thing is i get it if you want it done properly . . .

but they will have to blend in the paint job,

possibly re-spray the whole Chanel? so the newly painted bit blends in . . .

some places would even spray the whole roof it the paint work is UV bleached or slightly faded.

as new paint will allays stand out against old paint . .

as for the price . . . you need to ask themwhat and how far out they would paint.

Hi,

My van looks to have had roof rails in a past life and I have this small piece of corrosion, and have been quoted £410 to treat and spray is that expensive given the size is so small?..

Thanks

View attachment 78955

£410 isn't overly expensive if they are painting the whole roof. It is however a little over priced if they are only fixing that rust and blowing in a patch, especially if that's plus VAT.

I recently had my bonnet repaired and fully repainted after a bird hit the front, had both my side bars removed, rust repaired and repainted in the same Pearl Gloss Black, and had my mirror caps repainted at Loughborough Paintworx, who are known for high end work, and I got charged £500 for all that work.

Thanks for this, I saw that £500-600 was quite common for the entire roof, this is so small I might take dellmassives advice give it a rub down and some smooth hammerite, as it will be under the roof rail mount. I will get another few quotes though.

Last edited:
Maybe use some rust proofer as undercoat.....

Screenshot_20200725-185001_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20200725-185001_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Back