Small Bbq Recommendation

This is the excitement of the many BBQ's that lie ahead. So much experimenting whilst slowly expanding the waist line.;)
You won’t regret your purchase. I always use quality briquettes under half the grill to start the meat off and brown the outside then stack it at the other end where there are no coals, put the lid on and leave it for a while and voila perfectly cooked without burning. Once finished, close down the vents and the charcoal will go out to use for next time which means I use much less than with an open bbq throughout the year. Enjoy experimenting

You won’t regret your purchase. I always use quality briquettes under half the grill to start the meat off and brown the outside then stack it at the other end where there are no coals, put the lid on and leave it for a while and voila perfectly cooked without burning. Once finished, close down the vents and the charcoal will go out to use for next time which means I use much less than with an open bbq throughout the year. Enjoy experimenting
BBQ with a lid (charcoal or gas) is the best tip - properly cooked food without the burn.

Today was burgers for brunch and Tuna steaks with burgers for dinner (surf and turf) all cooked on my new BBQ.
I'm like a kid with a new toy but I have to say, I'm very very happy with my new purchase and nothing was burnt.:thumbsup:

I went, I saw, I bought.
Go outdoors today £79.99.
After extensive google research I decided on this as it was the only one I found that had a decent temperature control, and when camping, I much prefer cooking on coals.
View attachment 21845
Just had a review of this drop into Facebook and thought of you @Mfwic - the guy absolutely loves it but is not taking it on his extended travels because his Cobb gives him more versatility for long term use. I have a Cobb that I used to use all the while camping and boating but relegated it when I got into Cadac - as I've got back into charcoal cooking big time at home over the last 18 months its probably time for me to give the Cobb another try!! Worth a view of the video as he explains why he loves the Webber so much but why he's taking the Cobb instead:-

Last edited:
Just had a review of this drop into Facebook and thought of you @Mfwic - the guy absolutely loves it but is not taking it on his extended travels because his Cobb gives him more versatility for long term use. I have a Cobb that I used to use all the while camping and boating but relegated it when I got into Cadac - as I've got back into charcoal cooking big time at home over the last 18 months its probably time for me to give the Cobb another try!! Worth a view of the video as he explains why he loves the Webber so much but why he's taking the Cobb instead:-
Very informative but the grill he is also going to take is bigger than the Webber ???
I have to say, I am very impressed my Webber but perhaps you could bring your Cobb to Bala and we can do a comparison?
Good video and I enjoyed watching. Going to order 2 tomahawk steaks for Bala. Should keep Pippa and I going for the weekend.:D

Very informative but the grill he is also going to take is bigger than the Webber ???
I have to say, I am very impressed my Webber but perhaps you could bring your Cobb to Bala and we can do a comparison?
Good video and I enjoyed watching. Going to order 2 tomahawk steaks for Bala. Should keep Pippa and I going for the weekend.:D
I get what he means about size and, his taking the Cobb, if looking at it purely as a BBQ grill, is a compromise but the Cobb offers him so much more than just a grill in the same way a Cadac does over a normal portable gas BBQ. If I was cooking a tomahawk steak I would definitely prefer to do it on my Webber rather than my Cobb or Cadacs but barbecue is only one element of our outdoor cooking. The grill he is taking is just to give him the ability to do a proper BBQ if/when he needs and, whilst big, he can pack things in and around it and still have the benefit of a lid (an essential element of any BBQ in my opinion) by using the one from his Cobb.

As he says in the video, another big advantage of the Cobb is it's fuel efficiency - you can use their own Coblestones (easy lighting compressed block of coconut fibres that burn for over 2 hours) or just 4 or 5 lumps of charcoal for an evenings cooking.

To give you a better idea of size, here is a picture of my Cobb against my old faithful Webber One Touch 57cm BBQ (this is getting on for 10 years old and lives permanently outside and uncovered - still going strong and in pretty good condition - Webber are very good, tough and durable!). The Cobb pack measures 33cm x 33cm but that includes everything, i.e.. grill, large cooking pan, lid extender, lid, roasting rack, etc., plus fuel for five, two hour, cooking sessions:-
IMG_3702.jpg

Really looking forward to seeing yourself, Pippa and everyone else next week!

Dave.

Another vote for the Webber ‘go anywhere’. Had mine for over 10 years and its still going strong.

I recon it’d be difficult to design a tougher more practical BarBQ for its size. Love the way the legs fold up and secure the lid to assist with carrying and storage

Had a whole summer with the Webber go anywhere bbq. It is absolutely brilliant. Compact, all cooking implements go inside even a bag of charcoal. With lid can control cooking no burning of food anymore can even smoke food using wood chips. Probably cooked on it over 30 times this Summer and it looks like it will last lots of summers.

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have one of these?

It looks quite good and also made of stainless steel, so no rust or peeling paint, or should I just buy a weber go anywhere?

Stainless steel BBQ grill portable charcoal table-top foldable camping picnic 4260490484698 | eBay

Thanks

Steven
We have the weber go anywhere and its a great little BBQ, works well and doubles up as a small fire pit burning sticks and kindling in the evening when sitting outside.

8ECD1319-BCF0-4288-A4E8-CF122E1E006A.jpg IMG_4611.JPG
I have a Weber Q on a collapsible stand that works as a trolley. Not the smallest but fits in the back of the van. If space is a real issue I take my Cadac Safari Chef 2

Thanks for the comments.

Decided to buy a Cadac Carri Chef 2 Bbq and Chef Pan Combo £199 delivered from Amazon.
Also bought a Weber Smoky Joe, for real charcoal cooking.

Just need to finish the van now.

Back