Sliding Window Leaking And Drivers Windows

Had a phone call from VW today and they have decided that they are willing to change both of the windows . They said they are willing to do it as a good will gestured and happy to replace with new sliding windows but will not gaurantee they will not leak again or the will replace with fixed windows that will not leak!!! I’ve looked at the Kombi on display in the showroom and they have exactly the same window. I was thinking of having and prefer new sliders and maintaining them by keeping the drainage holes blown out and using the silicon grease on the seals?? Has anybody had new VW sliding windows fitted at the dealer that still leak?

They are using the exact same windows since the T5, they leaked then, and will probably continue to do so.
I cleaned out the drain channels on mine, and they are 99% better, but every now and then there is a drop of water that comes in.

Had a phone call from VW today and they have decided that they are willing to change both of the windows . They said they are willing to do it as a good will gestured and happy to replace with new sliding windows but will not gaurantee they will not leak again or the will replace with fixed windows that will not leak!!! I’ve looked at the Kombi on display in the showroom and they have exactly the same window. I was thinking of having and prefer new sliders and maintaining them by keeping the drainage holes blown out and using the silicon grease on the seals?? Has anybody had new VW sliding windows fitted at the dealer that still leak?
I have a Kombi and had fixed side windows fitted but was told that option had been removed on new orders !

I have the same problem, water coming in at the same place, dripping down the grab handle and filling the hole in the dash. VW have changed the door seals under warranty but problem still there.
Interesting point about the roof bar holes, never thought of that. I have fitted roof bars but that was some time ago and its only just started leaking?
IMG_0963 (Edited).jpg

mine still does that, does yours have dent/ poor weld in the frame of the door in the joint above the mirror

yep that's it, mine is the same I think its why the water gets in

I think so and additionally it marks the seal so eventually the new seal becomes deformed and leaks

Did you find a fix for this? Mine is doing the same but the door seal looks good, noticed the oem roof railbolt above the door wasnt tight, think the previous owner had rails and took them off before sale, bolt thread gone so going to get a new one and try that

No I never did stop mine from leaking completely, you might have found the solution with the rail bolt as that is something I suspected, mine could have started after I fitted some chrome roof bars but I cant be certain. I did fit rubber washers and new bolts at the time, main dealers didn't help much. Trouble is mine is kept in garage most of the time so I only notice it when vehicle is left out in the rain for a few days. I was beginning to think it was a fault with the windscreen? I guess the adhesive can deteriorate over time. Difficult one, I've pointed hosepipe at it for ages but nothing comes in leave it out for a few days in heavy rain it does.

Back