Sliding Window won’t close.

Larry G

T6 Pro
Lots of info on here about leaky sliders, but can't find any solutions to not being able to close the slider, stops before the little bend that seals it shut. The butterfly works at all the stops except the last one. Still not been able to get any pics and details sorted due to weather.
Looking forward to hearing from anyone who's had the same issue.
Cheers in advance.

Hi Larry,

Has similar with my old T5 slider it was running slightly twisted this stoped it following the channel I had to persuade the front and the rear at the same time and close the window with both hands until engaged then a final push on the rear would send it home.

Thanks Eddie, did much the same today. After a squirt of WD I pressed on the glass firmly and pushed it shut (very hard) it then followed the last bit of track where it curves inwards.
Butterfly now closed.
Thanks again.

Hi guys, sure it’s been covered before, and I have seen a thread on take the window apart myself, BUT just thought I’d see what others have done first... the van was sent back to VW before I got it to have a new mechanism put in, because the the window wasn’t shutting properly and leaking... (usual problem) so now I get it two weeks into ownership, and it’s the same problem?! What is THE answer?

08F6B26F-FB34-479C-917E-A55271A893C1.jpeg 93AFC56B-0926-41EA-9CDC-FA6A6DCF6C66.jpeg

As you can see from the inside, the first picture is of the window that isn’t closing properly... (bigger gap between window and runner) and then second picture is the window that’s working fine!

51DA2951-7FE8-4667-9E56-B1C367FAD2B2.jpeg A22952F2-85B1-4EC1-AEF9-0DC6D94C8C80.jpeg

Back