Slider door not opening on key fob

Chayafc

Hi I've a 2015 vw transporter and sliding door wont open have yous had any problems and now how to fix it

I've just had mine fixed (new locking mechanism) under warranty. Common problem, it seems?

I had one replaced tinder warranty then 3 days later when it’s 3 days out of warranty the other side started doing it. And stealers don’t want to know. Oh sorry it’s out of warranty is all I got

Had this today on my 2016, took the door card off from inside, drilled little hole in the latch mechanism and flooded it with penetrating oil and left it a while and now ok, had to do this lots on vws over the years I think it’s got a lot to do with the grease they use it goes claggy but also they do get water ingress it’s an easy fix but dealers will say it’s the latch, just make sure you seal the hole after I do it with a dollop of rtv

DC9449D6-C32B-4390-9601-6E8075E177F9.jpeg

4B184859-DCA8-4BE6-8D6F-BC4BB76BA680.jpeg

BEBA8EE0-7F0A-481E-BD63-ABCA9EB83947.jpeg

7EA43A1D-1FB7-451C-9903-17C158BD7C58.jpeg

Had this today on my 2016, took the door card off from inside, drilled little hole in the latch mechanism and flooded it with penetrating oil and left it a while and now ok, had to do this lots on vws over the years I think it’s got a lot to do with the grease they use it goes claggy but also they do get water ingress it’s an easy fix but dealers will say it’s the latch, just make sure you seal the hole after I do it with a dollop of rtv

View attachment 96039

View attachment 96040

View attachment 96041

View attachment 96042
Good to see a fix solution instead of a replacement.
I might do mine before it fails when I have the door card off.

View attachment 96039

View attachment 96040

View attachment 96041

View attachment 96042

have to give that a try
Thanks

Put a bit masking tape round the drill as depth gauge it’s roughly 3mm thick the plastic, let me know how get on 9 times out of ten it solves it

My 2018 went in today for the same problem, hopefully get it back tomorrow.
Any particular oil you would recommend? Might give it a try as my alarm light stays solid for just under a minute before setting and I have the code 03303 on my carista, thought to be the side sliding door lock.

Put a bit masking tape round the drill as depth gauge it’s roughly 3mm thick the plastic, let me know how get on 9 times out of ten it solves it
back tomorrow.
Any particular oil you would recommend? Might give it a try as my alarm light stays solid for just under a minute before setting and I have the code 03303 on my carista, thought to be the side sliding door lock.

Had to do mine today as door locked a few times and wouldn’t open
managed to get panel off and find the part niknak posted but instead of drilling a hole i found a clip on top and bottom so prised it open enough and spay a load of lubricant in there, seems to have done the trick
cheers for the heads up niknak

I‘ve been having an intermittent issue with my 2017 highline for a while. Took it back under warranty & they said it was fixed. Week later same problem. Then they said the problem was caused by the camper conversion, so not covered. As it was intermittent I have been opening it from the inside whenever I have the problem. This week I cannot open the door from either outside or inside.
I do hear a clunk from the lock, just nothing happens. Going to take the door panel off at the weekend to have a look. Has anyone experienced the same symptoms?

I‘ve been having an intermittent issue with my 2017 highline for a while. Took it back under warranty & they said it was fixed. Week later same problem. Then they said the problem was caused by the camper conversion, so not covered. As it was intermittent I have been opening it from the inside whenever I have the problem. This week I cannot open the door from either outside or inside.
I do hear a clunk from the lock, just nothing happens. Going to take the door panel off at the weekend to have a look. Has anyone experienced the same symptoms?
Same symptoms and usually manage to get it Open - just with lock down I haven’t used it but interested to see how you get on and the solution above works

Shame you both are a bit far away I’d take a look otherwise, if either of you are a bit handy with tools and want any assistance pm me and I’ll chat you through some bits

Reactions: JPL
Mines done the same a couple of times now, 2017 van. Seems to open eventually but it's gonna bite me in the arse at some point when I need it.
Is it easy to change the locking mech?

Mine does it as soon as the temp drop below 0. Also sometimes it needs a double unlock on the key fob in warmer weather, very frustrating!

I took the locking assembly out & I found the press lock was sticking & not always releasing.

BA77BB3C-1E7E-40EA-9CEB-86A78882E188.jpeg
so I applied some wd40 & then locked unlocked via key fob multiple times, which freed it up.
Re assembled the lock & working fine. Problem van now thinks the door is open all the time, as displayed on the dash board.
I have a Carista, but can’t see an error re the central locking. I see this one
30BF3724-B900-411D-8235-3A5722CB5F1F.jpeg

Any ideas?

Back