Sliding door stuck closed.

Yzfr1

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Can anyone shed any light on my problem.
Rear slider door is not opening. It's showing its open on the dash sensor but it won't open with the outside or inside handles. I've locked it and unlocked it and the lock pin is moving up and down fine.
I've tried force from the inside while the wife yanks on it from the outside but no luck.
Ideas anyone?

Had a similar problem with mine , it wouldn't open from inside or outside of by using the key it's a faulty door sw module I had mine done under warranty , it's a common problem with the T6

My T6 did the same thing. Door locks were changed under warranty. Until it could be booked in, I kept having to lock on the key fob, then unlock, try the handle, repeat, usually took 3-4 attempts. Then the barn door lock, started doing it.

Cheers for your replies.
Managed to get a few minutes today and stripped down the door locks and catches. Gave em a real good clean and lubed them up and hey presto it works lovely.

Cheers for your replies.
Managed to get a few minutes today and stripped down the door locks and catches. Gave em a real good clean and lubed them up and hey presto it works lovely.
Hi, I've got just the same problem - sliding door stuck closed and won't open from outside or inside. Really keen to sort this out before the family is trapped inside! I know this is a year ago but do you remember how much of a strip down you did and how?

Hi, I've got just the same problem - sliding door stuck closed and won't open from outside or inside. Really keen to sort this out before the family is trapped inside! I know this is a year ago but do you remember how much of a strip down you did and how?
From what I remember it wasn't a big job.
I'm not sure in what order I did things and I can't go out and look as the van is in for a service.
I remember taking the door card off and the plastic handle and then getting access to all moving parts. Undone the bolts holding the door lock mechanism and gave it a good clean. Done the same with the hook catch on the bottom of the door that keeps it open.
Greased the runners and it's been silky smooth ever since.
Hope that makes sense.

Back