Sliding door shown as open even when it's shut....

Front doors don’t have visible contacts they are internal it’s the rear doors that have the contacts you can clean

So my fault symbol shows left front door, is the symbol different for other doors or is it standard symbol???

It’s definitely shut ?
The VW locks have a small microswitch in them which is notorious for going faulty/sticking. If it's under warranty they should sort it. During my long running lock problems I had them in and out and apart a dozen times and found this guys channel immensely helpful

The VW locks have a small microswitch in them which is notorious for going faulty/sticking. If it's under warranty they should sort it. During my long running lock problems I had them in and out and apart a dozen times and found this guys channel immensely helpful
Thanks buddy

Mine did this Dealer replaced the latch with switch in

Took mine to the main stealer and all they did was adjust the door in some way apparently. Done a few long trips up to the Lake District and to be fair it’s not done it since.....but now the sliding door as a proper pig to shut, especially from the inside. Which is a tad inconvenient at night when on a campsite! #swishbangswishbangswishbangswishBANG!

Report back

The guy pulled the ratchet out on the small round thing, on the right hand side the little black rubber sensor took 30 sec a d it’s fuced

Back