Sliding door shown as open even when it's shut....

T

Thogg

As above really.... anyone else had this? It's been narrowed down to the 3 contact points on the catch. Added to the list of leaky roof rail, dubious heated screen and heater that is on Sahara setting if you try and clear the windscreen...

I had a similar situation on mine with the front doors, firstly they would show reversed ie open left and right would show on dash and then showed as open when it was closed, mine was self inflicted as i had removed altered and refitted my instrument cluster without disconnecting the battery first.
I disconnected battery had a cup of tea reconnected it and all was fine, probably not related to your situation but possibly an easy fix, fingers crossed

I had a similar situation on mine with the front doors, firstly they would show reversed ie open left and right would show on dash and then showed as open when it was closed, mine was self inflicted as i had removed altered and refitted my instrument cluster without disconnecting the battery first.
I disconnected battery had a cup of tea reconnected it and all was fine, probably not related to your situation but possibly an easy fix, fingers crossed
@slidepods

Yep had this myself. Normally only realise when the indicators don't flash when locking the van (which is the giveaway that a door is open). Go round the van nothing is even ajar. Turn the ignition on, it shows a slider is open, go to it - it has to be opened to slam it shut, dash warning goes out. Indicators flash on locking.
wouldn't mind if the door was open, but it is fully latched closed!

Yep had this myself. Normally only realise when the indicators don't flash when locking the van (which is the giveaway that a door is open). Go round the van nothing is even ajar. Turn the ignition on, it shows a slider is open, go to it - it has to be opened to slam it shut, dash warning goes out. Indicators flash on locking.
wouldn't mind if the door was open, but it is fully latched closed!
Have you been to see your dealer about it?

No, just don't have a chance to do that with work. As the van is at home and I have to be in my response car Mon through Fri plus some weekends, and don't work or live near enough to a dealer, It's a massive faff trying to get it in.
Unless it gets ridiculous and starts doing it all the time, I'll just open and close to make sure

No, just don't have a chance to do that with work. As the van is at home and I have to be in my response car Mon through Fri plus some weekends, and don't work or live near enough to a dealer, It's a massive faff trying to get it in.
Unless it gets ridiculous and starts doing it all the time, I'll just open and close to make sure
Fair enough....

As above really.... anyone else had this? It's been narrowed down to the 3 contact points on the catch. Added to the list of leaky roof rail, dubious heated screen and heater that is on Sahara setting if you try and clear the windscreen...
Those contacts need cleaning, it caused a problem with our powerlatch not working, gave them a clean and has been fine since.

Those contacts need cleaning, it caused a problem with our powerlatch not working, gave them a clean and has been fine since.
Any tips for cleaning them mate? Seems odd that they worked one minute and then just didn't!...

I used emery paper wrapped around a screwdriver , if you use a file, be careful and don't short them out, disconnect the battery first.
I seems that during production something gets on them like transport wax or the like.

Battery disconnected and left then reconnected has done the trick. Bloody fickle these V dubs aren't they!!

I've not had the door thinking it was open when its not but I do get the power latch intermittently stopping. I used a fibre glass pen to clean the middle two contacts but it still has it's moments.

..me..

I've not had the door thinking it was open when its not but I do get the power latch intermittently stopping. I used a fibre glass pen to clean the middle two contacts but it still has it's moments.

..me..
Me too.
Of course it was fine when the dealer inspected it!

I’ve been having this problem with my slider for the last two days. Keep getting the door open symbol popping up on the dash then going off and back on. Sometimes it’s leeping doing that, other times it just stays on or just goes off completely. Do have to sometimes open and shut it before the central locking works again. Checked the contacts and they seem fine....maybe I’ll give them a clean as mentioned above.

Anyone else had this recently or have a solution?

I’ve been having this problem with my slider for the last two days. Keep getting the door open symbol popping up on the dash then going off and back on. Sometimes it’s leeping doing that, other times it just stays on or just goes off completely. Do have to sometimes open and shut it before the central locking works again. Checked the contacts and they seem fine....maybe I’ll give them a clean as mentioned above.

Anyone else had this recently or have a solution?
Have you had any electrical work done to it recently? Have you tried the disconnect the battery, have a cup of tea, moan about the fickle German engineering and then reconnect the battery trick?

So my fault symbol shows left front door, is the symbol different for other doors or is it standard symbol???

It’s definitely shut ?

So my fault symbol shows left front door, is the symbol different for other doors or is it standard symbol???

It’s definitely shut ?
You could try a very fine wet/dry paper (on dry setting) and just lightly rub the contacts clean on the door shut to remove any contaminants that could be causing the issue.

You could try a very fine wet/dry paper (on dry setting) and just lightly rub the contacts clean on the door shut to remove any contaminants that could be causing the issue.
Wher are the contacts ? The bit that flips down to close the lock

Back