Sliding door Sensor issue

cgw

Had a problem with the sliding door not opening, so i took out the mechanism, applied some WD40 & that seemed to solve the problem.
However since putting it all back together, the door locks & unlocks fine, but the door is showing as open on the dashboard & the picture of the van with the door open stays on display.
I have cleaned the connectors that connect the door to the van when closed, with wire wool, but still have the issue.
There must be some connection, as that how the power gets to the locking mechanism to lock/unlock the door.
Does anyone know if i can short out two of the connections to test the sensor for the door being closed, or could that potentially cause a problem/blow a fuse?
Or do i need to get someone with VCDS to look for any errors?

Thanks

Are you sure the door locks and unlocks as if it thinks it’s open it should false lock, check all doors are locking and unlocking physically

door definitely locks/unlocks, you can hear it clunk & then can't open with the handle

the status switches are integral to the lock mechanism.

They connect to the van via the 6 pin contact pads & pins on the door.

circuit and electrics diagram here :

.**

1612969328449.png1612969343816.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So looking at that diagram, am i correct in thinking that F10 is a contact switch that passes the earth connection via the connection shown on the RHS of the diagram back to the VAN when the door is closed?
I cant read the number, as when i zoom in, its not clear. But its the blue connection that changes to what looks like green/black.

yes.

F10 is a switch, in on pin4 - out on pin3 (ground)(door side)

i think there is also - there is also the LOCK & SAFE status switches. pin5/pin6 (door side) which also switch to pin3 ground (door side)?

depends on what equipment is fitted to the van.

not sure as they are wired via a plug:

1612974899881.png

++

OEM Data below:

Removing contact strip
– Unscrew bolts -2- and pull contact strip -1- out of B-pillar -3-.
– Disconnect electrical connector.
Removing contact module
– Unscrew bolts -5- and pull contact module -4- out of sliding door -6-.
– Disconnect electrical connector.
Installing
Install in reverse order, but note the following:
– Screw contact module -4- with bolts -5- finger-tight to sliding door -6-.
– Close sliding door -6- once.
The contact module -4- is then centred by the contact strip -1- in the B-pillar -3- .

d1.JPG

and remote lock mechanism.

d2.JPG

maybe take your connector out and post some pics,

the connector will have pin numbers.

you will be able to use a multimeter to bell-out the pins

Can you clarify what type of door/locks you have, is it standard/electric door/power latching ?

Had a problem with the sliding door not opening, so i took out the mechanism
Which part/s have you removed/refitted ?

Can you clarify what type of door/locks you have, is it standard/electric door/power latching ?

Which part/s have you removed/refitted ?
Its a T6 highline, standard door with electric locking only, i took out the locking mechanism & lubricated it.
i didnt remove any connections, but once i refitted it, i get the error re the van thinks the door is open when closed.

I took it all apart again & found that pins 3 & 4 are the two middle connectors. If i put a bit of foil across them & shut the door, the door sensor light goes out.
Its hard to tell if the wire that connects to pin 3 goes into the lock mechanism, or to a switch over where the door actually locks on the far side.
To get access to the switch (by the latch), it looks like i will have to remove the latch, is that staraight forward?
Don't want to splash out on a new locking mechanism if that is not the problem.

I think it’s the latch on the rear edge of the door and not the central locking motor that creates the signal, I would defo check the cable running across the door that plugs into the rear mechanism
It’s a total git to get too in situ but if memory serves I think you can undo the two rear external bolts and the latch mechanism will drop and be retrievable from the inside with the door card removed ?

I know it’s an old thread but did this get resolved? I’m having the sss as me issue with the light on the dash, the doors locking fine it’s definitely the sliding door that’s the issue.

I did manage to get the door locking again, by lubricating the connections & putting everything back together.
Although there is still an issue, as if i lock the van internally, using the button on the driver's door, then it locks & immediately unlocks.
Haven't got round to having this looked at yet.

Back