Sliding Door Mosquito/Midge Netting

Ed Webb

Webber
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Anyone have any first hand reviews of mosquito/midge netting for the sliding door?
I know kiravans, reimo and brandup all do one but they all look completly different in design with fixing points.
So far I'm leaning towards kiravans as their pictures seem to do their product more justice than the others.
Anyway, anyone have any reviews???

Anyone have any first hand reviews of mosquito/midge netting for the sliding door?
I know kiravans, reimo and brandup all do one but they all look completly different in design with fixing points.
So far I'm leaning towards kiravans as their pictures seem to do their product more justice than the others.
Ok, I know I am a cheapskate but I just bought a large sheet of insect mesh from Amazon cut it to size and hold it in place with those little powerful fridge magnets. I also cut a smaller pieces for the two sliding windows so we can have those open at night.
Works a treat, cost peanuts and it does work.

Good post I was wondering about this also as I love Scotland main reason I got a camper as was sleeping in car did the NC500 and few weeks back came back from the outer Hebrides what great weather we had.
So many little add on bits but really enjoying it.

I've been finding a small colony of bugs stuck in the pop top this week and at night they fly all around your face. I know it's a first world problem but either way there is a solution out there.
The NC500 is renowned for the swarms of flappy f#ckers so I'd certainly want one for heading up there

I found a huge mass of them that I had to clean off, on the underside of the poptop outside the canvas.

As we are the equivalent of a Burger King to all biting flying bugs we also have a small plug in ultra violet electric bug killer which we use when on hook up.
It gives a very satisfying “crack” whenever it electrocutes one.

Have you seen these @Ed Webb
Transporter T5 T6 Kombi and Caravelle Window Grills - CSI Parts

Not the whole door but may help with the sliding window.

Yeah look really good and you can get them with an insect mesh as well. Bloomin expensive for what they are though! :eek:

I just leave the window open but pull the vanshades all the way down but can still hear the pesky daddy longlegs trying to get in with there m8s the midges:mad:

Last edited:
As I mentioned in a previous post Lidl have a fly screen in at the moment for £4.99 comes with Velcro and magnets. I know its not going to be top quality but for that price im sure it could be ok for temporary use on the sliding door.

Yeah look really good and you can get them with an insect mesh as well. Bloomin expensive for what they are though! :eek:

Thanks @DaveyB , they are expensive but I guess if VW sold such an item it would be a similar price. I will put this on my list for future purchases though, as with the mesh, I can see the usefulness of these on my campervan.

Drop them an email, they might send you some pics... Alternatively wait a week and I’ll post some :):thumbsup:
Sorry, I’m looking at this on my phone and didn’t see the video link.
That’s exactly what I’m looking for, please let me know your views on the quality if and when you buy them.:thumbsup:

It’s the other way round with us. They just love to chew on me. Got bit by a mozzi 2 days ago and my calf has swollen to the size of a small country and turned a lovely shade of purple.
@Peatey would be very jealous. :)
There's nothing wrong with a purple coloured swelling :whistle:

Back