Sliding door lighting needed

messer

Although I have loads of lights in the bed area of my camper, they need to be switched on by the PMS unit, and given it’s pitch black sometimes I can’t see the switches

Anyways, I need to get some kind of light hooked up for when the sliding door opens - any tips or tricks welcomed!

You could wire them to come one using a relay

Although I have loads of lights in the bed area of my camper, they need to be switched on by the PMS unit, and given it’s pitch black sometimes I can’t see the switches

Anyways, I need to get some kind of light hooked up for when the sliding door opens - any tips or tricks welcomed!
Doesn't it have a courtesy light on the side door?

I would never wire additional "anything" to the main BMC or the Starter Battery.
Any circuits I now have and will be adding are on a separate, Board Battery, fused and with switches.

This way, you are always in control of what happens and haven't got to rely on the often silly and limiting Cambus "ideas."
For instance: my ceiling lights (still original) switch OFF on their own within some 10min of them being switched ON. I hate that!

The additional circuits I will be fitting will all use the 12V LiFePo4 Battery (fitted) and the switches will be located at convenient places and easy to reach from the Cabin and/or from the back.

For now, a quality magnetic torch fitted next to the sliding door is all that is needed. Glad my van is a Startling too. No silly electronics in sight! Less to go wrong!
I have no need for my van to look like a Christmas tree when lights are on.

Nah, it’s only a startline so nothing comes on?
Hi. Mine’s a converted Startline and has two courtesy lights in the ceiling. Are you sure the wiring isn’t there? Would be a connector roughly half way between pillar B and C above the roof lining.

Just checked the build list that @Pauly kindly sent me, and it shows the rear lighting as standard, so I’d be surprised if the connector isn’t there waiting for you. Circled in red here (although that’s the rearmost of the two).

D8C3FB45-5ADA-4AF9-B88A-1D4552561529.jpeg

Thanks for all the replies! That pic above I can’t get my bearings on what am I looking at there in terms of orientation?

Thanks for all the replies! That pic above I can’t get my bearings on what am I looking at there in terms of orientation?
Yeah sorry! It’s looking up and back at the connector dangling from the D-pillar cross member. The rectangular hole just to the right is the access to the tailgate hinge. All panels are off.

Back