Sliding Door Extension Hinges To Stop Rubbing

Dracs

VIP Member
Just installed 10J wheels and told by the supplier that there will be no worries on a Caravelle .Both sliding doors hit the tyres with a squeak ! I have heard of peeps having 10.5 J rears with no issues. Are Caravelle door cards an inch thicker ?
He suggests that there is some adjustment but I can’t see there being hardly any - apart from shimming . My van velle is 2 years old and don’t want it to look like Jack built it !!
Any ideas please?

Yes. Caravelle door cards are much thicker than the standard Kombi or PV hardboard covers. There is a little adjustment on the bottom runner. Undo the two bolts and pull the door away from the van.

Ok I’ll see if I can get enough slack at the weekend , for some reason one is worse than the other.
If it doesn’t work I’ve wasted a fortune , even though I told them it was a Caravelle . Th

Yes. Caravelle door cards are much thicker than the standard Kombi or PV hardboard covers. There is a little adjustment on the bottom runner. Undo the two bolts and pull the door away from the van.
@Deaky i'm also having issues with my doorcard touching my tyres on the banded steels

if you loosen the bolts and pull the door outwards, does this affect the closing/sealing od the door?

or is the slider just for 'guidance' and does the locking mechanism really 'close' the door?

@Deaky i'm also having issues with my doorcard touching my tyres on the banded steels

if you loosen the bolts and pull the door outwards, does this affect the closing/sealing od the door?

or is the slider just for 'guidance' and does the locking mechanism really 'close' the door?
No it doesn't affect the door when closed

Did you ever get this sorted ? I’m about to have the same issue if I get swamper tyres

Back