Sliding door closing guide

Jim Rey

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Can anyone help me. I have attached two pictures from the door frame of my T6. (sliding side door). The top picture shows a sprung loaded guide for a locating pin on the door. The bottom one has the spring but not the metal insert which is missing.
Can you tell me what these things are called and better still the part number so I can order a replacement.

lower door closing guide.jpg

top door closing guide.jpg

OK thanks for that. Anyone know where I can source a RHD VW T6 Transporter Sliding Door Lower Catch Plate passenger side?

OK thanks for that. Anyone know where I can source a RHD VW T6 Transporter Sliding Door Lower Catch Plate passenger side?
I would think that they would be available from a breakers. Try eBay or a google search.

I have a vague memory that if you buy a new one you have to change the other side too as it’s a modified design, not sure what the difference is but the mating part are a pair ?!

took the plate off. It's just the sprung loaded round guide that's missing. No need to replace the other side. I will see if I can get a old one and remove the circlip at the back of that and replace it.
The part number is printed on the back of the lower catch plate which helps. 7E0843639B

Last edited:
Hi, yes I had to replace one of these. As @Pauly says, VW will say that the part has changed and therefore you have to buy both the part for the pillar as well as the bit that goes on the door. Having bought both parts, all I can say is that it is a load of old cobblers, because there is no difference between the old and the new. To prove it I even completely switched them and the old works with the new no issues at all.

i had the spring and the plastic thing pop out of the RHD VW T6 Transporter Sliding Door Lower Catch Plate when i opened the door - which is annoying. does anyone know if they will just push back in somehow? they don't seem to.

i had the spring and the plastic thing pop out of the RHD VW T6 Transporter Sliding Door Lower Catch Plate when i opened the door - which is annoying. does anyone know if they will just push back in somehow? they don't seem to.
Hi, did you get any further with this ? I have the same problem.

took the plate off. It's just the sprung loaded round guide that's missing. No need to replace the other side. I will see if I can get a old one and remove the circlip at the back of that and replace it.
The part number is printed on the back of the lower catch plate which helps. 7E0843639B
Hi Jim Rey, did you have any success ? I have the same problem. It's the upper spring loaded round guide that's missing from mine.

Hi Jim Rey, did you have any success ? I have the same problem. It's the upper spring loaded round guide that's missing from mine.
No. I haven't done anything about it. They are now looking for £40+ for a complete catch. Back in 2019, (before prices for everything went through the roof) I could have got a 2nd hand one for £14...wish I had now

Last edited:
Hi, ridiculous prices ! I have just noticed that the lower guide on my door is worn with a groove in the bottom of the guide. So if I replace the top one I may as well replace the bottom one as well. Also probably not worth getting 2nd hand ones as they will probably be worn as well.

Hi, did you get any further with this ? I have the same problem.
And another one to add to this thread. We’ve had the top and bottom spring and guide drop out, luckily I’ve got the pieces but there doesn’t seem an obvious way to reattach them to the plate. Is the spring supposed to clip in somehow or is it time to crack out the superglue

Back