Sliding door card panels - retrofit

Finally got one of my cards fitted today. Totally agree that the clips for the bottom of the window are a pain and took me a while to get rid of the webbing where it was blocking fitting the clip.

It took me exactly two cups of tea and a chunk of cake to do.

The one thing I didn’t order was the bigger locking button :( Still that’s an easy fix (flexes wallet yet again).

D87D29B4-82FA-40D3-8BAE-D2923DA057F0.jpeg

Looks great mate :thumbsup: Got my bottoms fitted but ordered new tops so not done them yet. How did you refit the inserts. Looks like mine are plastiwelded in place.

Looks great mate :thumbsup: Got my bottoms fitted but ordered new tops so not done them yet. How did you refit the inserts. Looks like mine are plastiwelded in place.

It's not a pretty job, but my cards were different trims and one had been previously retrimmed.

Basically, remove the plastiweld with a wood chisel, then plug all the holes with glue, redrill a pilot hole and fix with a self tapper. You need a glue that sets solid, I tried hot glue, and it works but it's messy and gums up the self tapper when you are trying to screw it in, so you end up using a new screw to get the infill down tight.

This pic should help.

IMG_0211.JPG

Has anyone got the Part No. for the bigger locking knob? Been scanning ETKA and can't even find the locking handle :(

Looks like both sides are the same part, just need the number.

Thanks, yes that's the part I'm missing!

Picture for the other members of the Caravelle Door Card gang.

Catch.jpg

Hi Guys,

I picked up some door cards today from Cali Campers.

Was just looking at the top trims and not really sure how they attach with my sliding windows? Can anyone help?

Also how would you stop the electric sliding open to work on it? Pull a fuse?

Cheers

Hi Guys,

I picked up some door cards today from Cali Campers.

Was just looking at the top trims and not really sure how they attach with my sliding windows? Can anyone help?

Also how would you stop the electric sliding open to work on it? Pull a fuse?

Cheers
To stop the doors closing, press the middle button on the dash. The top trims attach to 7 metal clips that fit around the window. You have to remove the plastic trim piece that’s on top and below the window. You’ll see where the clips go then.

Have a look in my build thread. I fitted some last week :thumbsup: Deaky’s Kombi to Camper journey

Last edited:
To stop the doors closing, press the middle button on the dash. The top trims attach to 7 metal clips that fit around the window. You have to remove the plastic trim piece that’s on top and below the window. You’ll see where the clips go then.

Have a look in my build thread. I fitted some last week :thumbsup: Deaky’s Kombi to Camper journey
Sorry for being so thick, that was pretty obvious lol

I seem to have two slightly different tops so might just order some new ones.
Do you think the ones you ordered will be OK for me?

T6 Factory Kombi with sliding windows.

Cheers

That depends. I have twin doors with factory sliding windows. Your upper trims and lower door cards should both have a cut out in them to fit around the sliding window.

Right...I've hit a brick wall!!!!.......I didn't realise that only having a single sliding door would be such a pain....I went to mock up the caravelle door cards and realised that the 'panel' side window is a different length than on a sliding door...I assumed they would be the same....so now I have 2 pairs of door cards, one caravelle and one shuttle that I can't use.....

I'm tempted to cut the shuttle ones up to make a single door card for the panel side...for example cut one in half, measure it up the and cut a 2/3 inch strip out of the other side and try to bond this together and recover .. a lot of work but will solve the problem and at first glance the appearance would be the same.

Unless anyone is aware of a OEM trip panel off another model (multivan/shuttle/caravelle) that fits a single sliding door model?

@Pauly I need your help.... been into vw today to find out if I can purchase the screw and rivet nut to secure the caravelle trim round the sliding door handle but they said they couldn't help and that the rivet nut should be already welded in place....but it's not....can you help?

Post some pics mate so I can see what you on about, several people have fitted complete SLD caravelle door cards so should be able to help
@StudleyGlass @Deaky @Fish amongst others

I can order you the screw for that or do you just want the part number ? Postage would be more than the screw

Back