Sliding door card panels - retrofit

Ha ha worth a shot!

Gonna keep looking on eBay, seen some on there recently but they don't seem to linger for long.

@T5.1 auto are you able to explain how the window trims fit on a standard highline sliding door? do they just clip into the frame for example or do I need special clips etc..

Hopefully no drilling required!

The upper trim has two sets of clips one set are attached to the actual trim the other is attached to the door, if you look carefully you will see some plastic covers in the vertical part of the window metal work of the door remove theses, assuming you have sliding windows also remove the upper and lower covers you will also see the clip positions on the horizontal metal frame around window, theses are a pain to fit at some locations around the window but is doable and no drilling required assuming you have sliding windows some plastic strengthening webbing will need to be removed to get the clips in, lock trim is held on by a M4 screw and clip which is already on the trim

@T5.1 auto Thank you for that I'll take a look later on...I'm a tad confused by the "some plastic strengthening webbing will need to be removed to get the clips in," bit but I'm hoping this will become clear when I take a look.
I've ordered left & right door cards with window trims, fingers crossed they come with all the clips required to fit.

OK, so I need to fess up that I realise I have a serious obsession with my Kombi.

Stupidly, I thought I could drop in to New Milton on my way to Bournemouth and have a look at the cards at Cali Camper and not buy them. Any way ended up with a set in the back leaving his unit.

I have a double slider so bought a pair of cards and the big U shaped upper trims £170. Not perfect, but not bad either. We swapped a couple of blinds around to get two good ones on my cards, plus a bag full of clips :thumbsup:

I'll see how they clean up, but worst case I'll get them to James @thetrimguru and get them recovered in the same leather as my seats with a bit of extra detailing.

What's interesting is just sticking the upper trim around the door makes the back seem lighter.

Cali still have door card for both sides, plus a whole bunch of other T5 Caravelle plastics and panels.

Last edited:
oooo.....don't forget to take photos of how you fitted them so a mere mortal can learn for when his arrive next week......The only issue I have is that I've only got a single sliding door so I'm going to have to perform some Frankenstein surgery to splice together two window frames so I don't have the inside door handle gap...

I wouldn't say you have an obsession......I call mine a 'passion' for making things look nice :):whistle::thumbsup:

OK, so I need to fess up that I realise I have a serious obsession with my Kombi.

Stupidly, I thought I could drop in to New Milton on my way to Bournemouth and have a look at the cards at Cali Camper and not buy them. Any way ended up with a set in the back leaving his unit.

I have a double slider so bought a pair of cards and the big U shaped upper trims £170. Not perfect, but not bad either. We swapped a couple of blinds around to get two good ones on my cards, plus a bag full of clips :thumbsup:

I'll see how they clean up, but worst case I'll get them to James @thetrimguru and get them recovered in the same leather as my seats with a bit of extra detailing.

What's interesting is just sticking the upper trim around the door makes the back seem lighter.

Cali still have door card for both sides, plus a whole bunch of other T5 Caravelle plastics and panels.

Well done, I really need to pay them a visit! I think as long as the blinds are good and working the rest can be dressed up!

I gave the cards a quick wipe over with some baby wipes and trim cleaner, they are pretty darn good ! A couple of small marks that I will smart repair if I keep noticing them.

It looks like the material trim panel comes out, so these will get a retrim so they blend in better with the seats. Going to put a layer of insulation on the back as well.

If you are local to Cali then it's worth dropping by its like Aladdin's cave.

@Montecha How far have you got with fitting them? Some installation photos would be really handy.;)

I stripped the inlays out and dropped them in for retrimming on Monday, dropped by today but they weren't ready. Don't think I will collect them till Tues/Wed next week.

I might buy new uppers as the ones I bought at the breakers haven't cleaned up very well. That's a long way to say, I haven't started

@Montecha haha....my panels arrived this evening...I need to order some new clips for them though.....I'm very interested in how you get on with fitting the window trims as this bit is where I have no knowledge with and all I have is @T5.1 auto description above

I might have a look at how the old window trims fit this weekend. I’m assuming the card goes on first with the various clips and the window trim holds it all in place.

I think you have to work with the door slightly open to expose the clips around the window.

Back