Sliding door card panels - retrofit

Right...I've hit a brick wall!!!!.......I didn't realise that only having a single sliding door would be such a pain....I went to mock up the caravelle door cards and realised that the 'panel' side window is a different length than on a sliding door...I assumed they would be the same....so now I have 2 pairs of door cards, one caravelle and one shuttle that I can't use.....

I'm tempted to cut the shuttle ones up to make a single door card for the panel side...for example cut one in half, measure it up the and cut a 2/3 inch strip out of the other side and try to bond this together and recover .. a lot of work but will solve the problem and at first glance the appearance would be the same.

Unless anyone is aware of a OEM trip panel off another model (multivan/shuttle/caravelle) that fits a single sliding door model?

Did you ever find a solution to this?
I'm just about to start looking for some caravelle panels for my lwb kombi.
Cheers
Chris

i have a lwb left sliding door car that needs some love if any help, you'll also need the blind. (if covering the card in your 4 way stretch your sorted.

i have a lwb left sliding door car that needs some love if any help, you'll also need the blind. (if covering the card in your 4 way stretch your sorted.
Got any pics? Not really planning on covering but could be an option if there's no such panel for the fixed panel side.

ahhh yeah now i see your issue... i can have...will photo and add on.. if you were doing that you could fill the top blind area section then carpet the whole thing..i have done this on my sliding one that you may see in pics above... unsure if i did a full pic... will do that also..
fixed side i thought was just flat panel? om sliding door on the left and have the flat board cover on the right and round the window..
on left sliding i have caravelle door trim covered but its very close to rear quarter on opening and i just duno..im not raving about it in all honesty.

this other one i got from germany and they kindly didnt send the blind and it had some scrapes on the trim that i was purely going to bodyfill rub back, spray glue and carpet it.

lets re-live this thread...treated myself to the worlds most expensive window blind...tps...£230 plus vat later...gulp...

can everybody put there blinds up and tell me the front leading edge nearest handle is cut about as straight as a banana to cheer me up some.. you can watch it open up and get worse as it comes out of the blind... i can take pics of mine if helps...assuming this is meant even though its a little bit pants...

thanks chris

I've just got my swb twin slider panel which I'm doing a kombi conversion with slide pod,I'm looking to fit caravelle door trims on both sliding doors has anyone fitted them ? Are the holes there for the clips?
Thanks

The holes are not there on a PV.

I looked at this when getting my van converted by Van Haven - they do this quite regularly, but is a quite expensive exercise as the parts from VW are best part of 800 quid if I recall correctly. In the end I prioritised other upgrades over this

I've found some second hand could do with a template for the holes that need making or some pictures of a door with the trim removed

There’s 7 metal spring clips around the window for the surround and 5 across the bottom of the window for the top of the door card. These push into rebated sections around the glass. They are not present on a PV. There are a number of plastic clips around the bottom but you could drill holes in the doors for these. You might be able to sikaflex the window surround and the top of the door card.

There are photos in my build thread linked in my sig.

Thanks Deaky that's exactly what I needed to know,only problem now is will the fit with aftermarket sliders

throwing my question in!

On the parts list
there are 10 clips per actual doorcard the same as the front doorcards
it then mentions a further 3 clips:- 7H0 843 213 where do these locate on the rear of the card?

Back