Sleep In The Van Or In The Awning ?

We used to throw the kids the awning to sleep before we got the pop top. They may be 12 and 14 but I never slept well in the van knowing they were in the awning on their own. Not quite the same as us all being in the awning together.
Because our van is a dayvan, we leave everything set up in the awning, then jump into the nice toasty warm heated van to go to sleep. Seems to work for us.

We used to throw the kids the awning to sleep before we got the pop top. They may be 12 and 14 but I never slept well in the van knowing they were in the awning on their own. Not quite the same as us all being in the awning together.
Because our van is a dayvan, we leave everything set up in the awning, then jump into the nice toasty warm heated van to go to sleep. Seems to work for us.
Really helpful answer DaveyB, much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Van for me too, due to comfort (bed, heating, dry). Mines a day van also, and I would rather relegate all cooking to an awning and keep the van as a lounge/bedroom.

Likewise, the only thing that gets cooked in the van is maybe a pan of spuds or pasta or a boiling of water for a brew. All our cooking is done outside, even in the rain. We have a gas bbq & a boiling ring, both run off the van gas via a take off point.

Back