Skin off a rice pudding: T6.1 84PS

Wishbonemusic

I have the low (very low?) output engine 89BHP on a 2020 T6.1. Has any of you had the engine chipped for more power and if I decide to go ahead what BHP can this feeble engine be lifted to? Mine has been converted to a camper van so I acknowledge that there is a lot of extra weight in the van but 35MPH up hill in 3rd gear is ridiculous. Its a lovely quality conversion and I am otherwise happy with the van but being overtaken by push bikes is embarrassing!

The 84 will go to 140 nice and smoothly, get a Pendle agent to do it because they’ll limit the torque to protect the 5 speed box.

Pretty sure there was a thread on the Forum recently stating that VW had made it impossible to re-map a 6.1 ECU.
Not sure how limiting the torque is going to increase the power as the power output is torque x RPM.

Pretty sure there was a thread on the Forum recently stating that VW had made it impossible to re-map a 6.1 ECU.
Not sure how limiting the torque is going to increase the power as the power output is torque x RPM.

My firend had his T6.1 remapped by pendle, it can be done

If it is the case a 6.1 cannot be remapped then its going! I cant live with the poor overtaking and uphill performance. I have come from a T5 which was mapped to over 180BHP and though I know I have been spoilt with that one its very dissapointing to have the one i have now. I suppose I should have ensured it was what I wanted before I bought it - my fault - buy I bought it on the strength of the high standard of conversion
My firend had his T6.1 remapped by pendle, it can be done
My next question is: How will my warranty be affected if I have it remapped?

He’s currently got his van in for issues with pulleys under warranty, no issues

Personally, I wouldn’t worry about warranty claims but that’s me.

If it is the case a 6.1 cannot be remapped then its going! I cant live with the poor overtaking and uphill performance. I have come from a T5 which was mapped to over 180BHP and though I know I have been spoilt with that one its very dissapointing to have the one i have now. I suppose I should have ensured it was what I wanted before I bought it - my fault - buy I bought it on the strength of the high standard of conversion

@BognorMotors will definitely be able to confirm, but I’m certain that 6.1 can be mapped.

As for warranty, it could, all depends on the dealer and how pedantic they want to be. But even then, the impact on warranty would only be on issues that could be related to the remap.

T6.1 mapping is possible from Revo on the 150/199, earlier models. Unfortunately no map from Revo on the smaller engines.

The latest T6.1 vans have the MD1 ecu and currently no maps available

Sorry we can’t assist

If you're going to sell, I'd do it sooner rather than later - camper converted T6's are strong money right now but might not be in a year's time if international holidays are back on the menu.

Flog it now for more than you paid for it, need to be quick before the school holidays are over though.
Or stick one of these under the bonnet.

2E1BD16B-3A25-4AC0-A740-E9D169053A65.jpeg

Hmm...

So no map....

Keep it and accept it for what it is...

Or.

Sell it and get a different van.

Or.

Get and engine swap for a bigger power unit.

Depends what you want and how much you want to spend.

I imagine it’s only a matter of time until the ECU is cracked and maps are available ??

Back