Single seat to double - but with seat airbag

Epic-Rob

Kiwi member
VIP Member
T6 Guru
OK so i am going to change my single passenger seat for a double.
My passenger seat has an airbag in the side which the double doesnt have so i am guessing i will get an airbag fault light up as there obviously isn't a wire to connect to - can this fault code be perm deactivated ?

also i note on mine the double seat has no connector to say if passenger seat belt is fastened, may generate a code can this also be deactivated?

Cheers

You are best to get a double seat with an airbag - the shuttle seats come with airbags, so have a look at them. If not the airbags light will be on and all your airbags will be disconnected.

You can code out the seatbelt warning

You are best to get a double seat with an airbag - the shuttle seats come with airbags, so have a look at them. If not the airbags light will be on and all your airbags will be disconnected.

You can code out the seatbelt warning

Ok so I already have the double seat :-( is there a way to fool it into thinking there is an airbag? a fancy connector?

The other thing to consider is the airbag in the dash will be for a single passenger, factory double seats have the larger airbag in the dash to cater for 2 passengers

Yes a realize dash airbag - thats an easy swop. am working on the seat airbag problem

I'd be interested in hearing how you get on with this or if anybody has any idea of cost to get this done? Thanks

I'd be interested in hearing how you get on with this or if anybody has any idea of cost to get this done? Thanks
which part of the job :)
fitting seat easy you just need 4 extra seat mounting studs,
if you have seat airbag - auto electrician can sort this so system doesnt recognise it OR thinks there is one there.
dash airbag - not got to that yet.

I believe you can put a resistor between the original connections, and in vcds (not sure where my cable is while we're renovating and preparing to move) you can just disable the right seat airbag I believe...

On my 911 I’ve looked into fitting a momo steering wheel which means the air bag is removed. They need a 2.7ohm resistor across the airbag wires to fool the system and stop the error warning. Trying to trace a dash rattle I took the passenger air bag out and fitted a resistor while I drove around the block and no warning lights.

Ian

@Epic-Rob did you ever get round to the switch to double? weighing up on my van but can't seem to find anybody that has managed to switch the double dash airbag.

Back